1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noob 2001 taco tire/lift/suspension question....for the experts

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by damonwatson, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    damonwatson

damonwatson [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Damon
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 taco prerunner
    Hey guys, just found the site..
    Really like it..
    But Ive spent a few hours trying to chase down all the answers I wanted and I decided it might be easier to ask the experts directly...

I've got a 2001 Toyota Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 (extended cab) with stock 265/70/R16 tires..
    Like every one else I want to lift it some, but this is my daily driver...so I want it to look and drive good rather than off-road use...oh, and I dont want to break the bank...

First, rim size...does it make any difference if I go from a 16" rim to a 15" will it hit anything on this model? or cause any problems with the truck?

second, If I want to go up in size of the tires Im sure that is going to require a lift...Is it better to do a smaller 1"-2" lift to get a slightly bigger tire in or get like a 3" lift?

What is the best lift kit for the money, and based on the size of the lift whats the biggest tire for a 2001 taco?

One last thing, I like the look of a wide tire, one that sticks out a bit from the truck...whats the best way to get that and not hurt anything? wider tires or some sort of spacer?

Thanks from all the noobies.

2. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    Haseaboggin

Haseaboggin Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Dbl cab short box debadged
    Anytime fog lights Mod Kenwood head unit infinity door speakers HID Fog lights HID Headlights HID Reverse lights TSB Leafs 17x9 Fuel Kranks Goodyear tires
    I had a 2002 extra cab prerunner and did the Revtec 3 inch lift with 15x8 wheels and a 33x12.50 tire and had no problems at all with rubbing or anything else for that matter.

Products Discussed in

To Top