1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noob here, help me on buying shocks and wheels!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nachocheez, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    nachocheez

nachocheez [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dae
    seoul, KOREA.
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Hi y'all

Before I have my brother buy and ship me parts, I guess I need you guys' okay confirmation.

Since I will be getting those parts from the States to here in Korea,so I have no rooms for mistake. So I am asking your precious opinions on the matter.

I will be getting 11' Tacoma TRD Offroad pkg, DC. Most of the time with TACO, I will be light trailing, sometimes, mudding and tiny rock crawling. here are my parts that I am planing to buy along with vehicle. There are two options. The first is that I will keep Nitto Trail grappler (295/70/17) that I took from my 09' JK wrangler rubicon, and use it for TACO, and the second is, buy a new set of wheels and tires for TACO.

for the first option, I will get:

1) Toytec lift kit (with diff drop kit(4x4 only +$29) rear option (toytec aal 2inch lift)
    2) Camburg 05-10 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner/4wd Performance 1.25 Uniball Upper Arms
    3) American Racing ATX Artillery Wheels - 17x9

for the second option, I will get;

1) Toytec lift kit (with diff drop kit(4x4 only +$29) rear option (toytec aal 2inch lift)
    2) american racing mojave 16 x 8
    3) BFG K/O 265 75 16, or Duratec in same size.

Will I be free from rubbing problem on the both above? I have searched TW, and those were "It should be okay I guess" set ups. But the problem is "should be okay" is not good enough since I am getting those parts all the way from the States and don't wanna mess up and end up with shipping them back.

So please fix me if I made any bad choices here.

Thank you in advance!

Products Discussed in

To Top