1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

noob mounting question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by drtydru, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    drtydru

drtydru [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    So I have a set of 6x9s that I wanted to replace with the stock 6x5s. I ordered a set of speaker rings of a TW member that will hold the 6x9s. I am about to go take off the door panels and put these in, but im thinking these rings wont work without me drilling into something. All the 6x5 rings I've seen have 3 mounting holes where these 6x9 rings have 4. I should probably just go pop the panels off and see what im dealing with but I thought the TW world could help me out first

Thanks

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    subbed for the answer.

:popcorn:

I'm planning on installing Alpine 6x9's in my front doors (that I've had for a few years). I'm curious on this one.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
  4. Jun 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    Yeah! I bought my rings from you nofords08! So they mount right up? No extra holes to drill or anything? I guess I could have just asked you in the first place =)

5. Jun 16, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    drtydru

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    6x5's in the front doors. 6x9's wont fit without cutting the door. FYI taking the door panels off was VERY easy IMO. I have crank windows and non auto locks. There is metal c clip holding the window crank on so just make sure you pop that off before you start yankin on it. Once you unclip all the plastic clips just push up on the whole panel and wigle it out. Super easy. But yeah, no 6x9's without cutting.

Products Discussed in

To Top