1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noob with new beaten 98 TRD

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Cheesycook, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    Okay all, first off..... Howdy. Had a 86 Taco years ago and regretted getting rid of it more than my 69 Mach 1 so I just got a beaten to heck and back 98 TRD offroad V6 manual green extended cab with power everything and no single part left undamaged. I got it off ebay for what I thought was a steal,....but you get what you pay for. I was doing muscle cars and jeeps for years so I was hoping I could get advise on how to fix or replace the following items.

(I hope to get photos up soon)

My shifter boot it ripped up. Anywhere I can get a replacement?

My center console lid is held together with skater stickers,.....anyplace I can get a replacement?

I have a sound like a fat kid trying to slurpe the lasty of a slushy through the straw when I accelerate under load..... is that possibly a rocker loose or something?

My window is cracked. Are taco windsheilds usually pricey?

There was a minor accident with the rig. The front passenger corner took a slight hit that pushed the fender into the door, broke the blinker, cracked the grille, and dented the bumper.

Can I replace the front chrome bumper and plastic part beneath it with one of the prerunner models I see on ebay with a plastic bumper with two chrome parts on the corners only?

Can I replace my one piece old school square headlights with one of the plastic ebay sets that accept a bulb from behind?

I have the power group with power windows and power locks. I don't need an alarm but would like a door remote. I see a couple types on ebay used for the 98's. Any way of telling if they would be compatible with my rig?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    RattleTractor

RattleTractor Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    '04 Unicorn Tacoma
    1KZ-TE Diesel, GFC, Pizza cutters, Dorkel
    you could go to the $tealership for those, but the best guess, especially for the center console unit, is the junkyard. look for some tacos in there.

As for the boot, you could get someone who knows how to sew to make one.. my friend did that with his VW, cost him about $20 for a red leather shift boot, when the VW dealer charged 120 for a new fake leather one.

Dont go cheap on lighting, my friend. replace them with IPF square glass headlights and some IPF or PIAA H4 bulbs. You WILL NOT regret it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM
    Cheesycook

Cheesycook [OP] Geek with a gun

Member:
    Hermiston, OR
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 DC Tacoma V6
    Oh yeah, my parking brake cable is also broken.

When I remove the passenger fender do I need to unplug the antenna from the radio and fish it all the way out or can it disconnect at the fender for easy removal?

Products Discussed in

To Top