1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nook Color Hacked Into Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AlphaEcho2k5, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Dec 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    A thing with netflix, is your audio ever out of sync with the video? Mine has a tendency to do that.

I love this nook color, and having flash player work is AWESOME. Little disappointed though that i bought it before they did the price drop...

By the way, a little tip I learned:
    If the Market for whatever reason is saying that a particular Application isn't compatible with your device or it's not showing up go to your App Drawer (Icon varies by launcher, it's a grid looking thing in LauncherPro), Then go to Settings, tap Applications, tap Manage Applications, tap All, Scroll Down to Market, Tap Market and tap Clear Data, after that tap uninstall updates. After it finishes uninstalling updates, QUICKLY go back to your Home Screen and launch the Market. It is normal for the market to close on it's own for after the first few seconds of opening it, just quickly open it again. If you get some sort of error saying the app can't be launched then you did it too slow and you'll have to start over again, this is because the market automatically updates and tries to force close (which is why it closes on you the first time, but once you open it again you can start searching for apps/installing/updating/etc)

Also, it's really helpful if you have an icon for the market already on your home screen.

2. Dec 31, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
    For christmas I gave my parents one of the Nook Colors with the "ipad-like" interface (Miui) from http://www.rootmynookcolor.com.

They think it is the greatest thing. I tried the cyanogen mod on it but didn't like it as much as the "ipad-like" interface. I guess its because I am familiar with the ipad so the interface seems familiar and intuitive to me.

3. Dec 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    myname150

Member:
    I guess if one would prefer a UI like the iPad it's quite nice lol.

I had an iPhone since 2007 and finally got rid of it, I am done with iOS :p

4. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    I've "soft rooted" a NC using an 8GB sandisk card. The 7" form factor is nice. My 6 yr old can easily use it. I installed MIUI on it with GB 2.3. For $130 total cost, it's awesome. Certainly glad I didn't invest in more, as I think the tablet format isn't all it's cracked up to be. Great for being on the go, but I'll take a laptop at home. I think I'll do a full root here soon, as I havent booted back into the "Nook OS" in a while now.

5. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
    The advantage of the "soft root" is that you can always pull the memory card out and return the nook color back to its original nook state. The memory card option will not void the original nook warranty.

6. Jan 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't have Netflix audio get out of sync (just watched several episodes of a tv show a couple of days ago).

I have that happen on Hulu playing on my Roku box though.

I find CM7 running on a 16 gig Sandisk Class 4 card is very useable. Maybe it's not as fast as it would be running 'natively' but I haven't ever run it natively so I can't tell.

7. Jan 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    myname150

Member:
    See i have CM7 installed natively...and I could never figure out why my audio/video would be out of sync with netflix. Sometimes if i pause it and let it buffer it will fix it. Which leads me to believe it has something to do with buffering.

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 5:31 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    We picked up an Acer Iconia Tab A500. Its sweet. Has the Nook app built in.

Best buy had them for a steal at $210 around christmas time. We love it.

Products Discussed in

To Top