1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not sure what my next upgrade should be!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Riderx805, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    Riderx805

Riderx805 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    *Pioneer In Dash DVD Player *Aftermarket Trailer Hitch *Bilstein 5100's w/ rear block *5% tint
    Currently I have Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 2.5 and bilsteins in the back with a block to level it out. I also have a set of BFG 265/75R16's that I got about 5 months ago. I'm definitely ordering some UCA's this week in order to correct my annoying alignment issues. I don't wheel hard but I occasionally haul my dirt bikes out to the desert. My suspension is a little stiff so I was thinking about getting some the Toytec adjustable front coil over kit for the bilstein shocks. Not sure if it will be worth it to get the coil kit. I really wanna get some new wheels for my truck too. I cant afford all three mods right now so I was trying to get some opinions on what I should do next. Feel free to post some pics of your wheels, preferably 16x8 since I just bought my tires. help me out! :confused:

2. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    Riderx805

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    *Pioneer In Dash DVD Player *Aftermarket Trailer Hitch *Bilstein 5100's w/ rear block *5% tint
  3. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    if you cant afford the mods why are you looking for more options? haha I'd replace the block with an aal before you wreck your leafs hauling dirtbikes

4. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Riderx805

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    I wasn't clear in my post earlier. What I meant to say is that I cannot afford all three at the same time. My bad!

5. Oct 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    uca's, then coilover kit for 5100's, then rims. in that order, put your
    needs ahead of wants. look on craigslist for rims, you can get some good deals on there. i actually made money when i changed rims.

6. Oct 5, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    Riderx805

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    Is there going to be a significant difference in ride between the Bilstein set at 2.5 and the Toytec coil setup?

7. Oct 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    Riderx805

Member:
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    Alright... so i have another question. Should I go with the toytec coil kit or should I set my billies at 0" and get some spindles for the front?!?

8. Oct 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    Adding an AAL to the rear will more likely make the ride worse. Just adding the coils will improve your ride greatly. I originally wanted to go the Billies route but opted for the Toytec CO's and couldn't been happier. I left it factory set at 2.5" with 1.5 rear blocks. Very smooth..My next upgrade is bigger tires. I would consider buying some spring helpers for the few times I do any heavy towing/hauling.

[​IMG]

9. Oct 8, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Since you're running 265s, drop the billies in front to 1.75. That'll make it so you can align your truck and eliminate the need for UCAs, as well as softening up the ride a bit. At the same time, swap out the block to add-a-leaf as mentioned above, so you can carry your dirt bikes without bottoming out the suspension. Immediately after making both those changes, get an alignment.

Then when you can afford it, put on wheels you think look cool.

Products Discussed in

To Top