1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NVRENUF's Satoshi Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nvrenuf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    nvrenuf

nvrenuf [OP] Whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Saint Johns, FL
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro Taco; 6MT
    Disclaimer: I'm not the best fabricator, nor am I proficient at creating big fancy posts/threads. But, here's is my attempt at the satoshi mod...

Got my material from HomerTaco (thanks again, Craig)
    Primed and painted (used Rustolium High Temp)

Next I removed the grill and horns (I'll relocate them later) and did a little touch up on the radiator.

Removed center of grill using various tools including a Dremel, tin snips, cut-off wheel, and air tools.

The method I used to patch the holes from removing the center of the grill was to "borrow" some material from the center of the grill itself. I know some people use fiber glass, but this seemed to work pretty well for me. It took quite a bit of fitting and re-fitting, but I don't think it's turned out too badly.

That's how it sets as of now. Next step will be bondo, sanding, sanding, sanding, prime, and more sanding, and paint. I'll post more pics this weekend.

I'm also doing the triangles and bumper. And when I finally complete that, I'll add some lights behind the grill.

Patience is a virtue my friends!

DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00180.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top