1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OAKLEY MINUTE MACHINE full titanium with black dial

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by stunt man hans, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    up for sale is my full titanium oakley minute machine with black titanium flamed face. i purchased this new from oakley 2 years ago for 1,400 dollars and have since only wore it 3 to 4 times while out to dinner. it is in 100% new condition it spent its time in its boxes with the crown screwed but not seated so the factory battery is new as well. the watch keeps perfect time the chronograph works amazingly well as good or better than my omega sea master.

the watch has a saphire crystal lens treated with anti reflective coating both sandwiched in between the lens itself and on the back side as well. it contributes to a different look to the glass than most watches with this feature almost rainbow like in direct sunlight. the band is constructed out of the highest quality titanium available and uses carbon fiber thrust washers to space the band and are not load bearing. the case itself is one billet of titanium milled out to accept the movement. even the allen key screws that hold the band together are titanium. this watch takes a lot to manufacture and the quality is all over it the few times i did wear it i have been stopped by guys wanting to know what kind of watch it actually was lol. the watch is also extremely light weight given its large size and the way the band is constructed is extremely comfortable to wear. it conforms to the wrist in a very nice way and has no hot spots i found and the clasp is over kill in traditional oakley style very solid. the watch looks like a tank tread on the wrist and imo its a very cool look they are rare hard to find and rather expensive its a premium watch no doubt about that. the case is also on the thin side so overall its actually quite comfortable to wear.

i'm asking 850.00 usd obo :)
    i will also consider trades for certain models of guns, glock 26 4th gen, m&p .45 compact, sig p238 or p938, or any premium compact stainless 1911 kimber, wilson, nighthawk etc.. something small enough to edc.

please pm me with any and all questions regarding this watch and how it stacks up to others in its catagory ie omega, rolex and tag.

DSC00340.jpg
    DSC00341.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00343.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00345.jpg
    DSC00346.jpg
    DSC00348.jpg
    DSC00349.jpg
    DSC00350.jpg

2. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    Runnerstrom28

Runnerstrom28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    05 Black Decepticon DCLB
    Decepticon emblem, 3inch lift, 33inch trail grapplers and XD series Monster rims, Dual Exaust 40 series flowmasters, 18% tint around and 35% tint on front windsheild, 55w 10000K HIDs, blacked out taillights, pioneer deck, kicker 750 mono amp pushin a memphis 12
    nice watch! Bump!

3. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    baaaaaad as watch.wish u the best with sale

4. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    thanks man i actually really don't want to sell it as its so unique and getting more rare by the day but, i need the cash bad lol.

5. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    diesel30

diesel30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    columbus ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 dbl cab long bed trd sport 4x4 mag gray
    carbon fiber blacked out grill ddm tuning hid kit 35w/55w bi-xenon kit ddm tuning hid fog light kit 35w m/t classic lock blacks fierce attitudes 285/70/17 5100's installed on front 2.5" rear TSB done masterlock tailgate lock 35% front window tint scangaugeII duplicolor red caliper paint
    does it have automatic movement or battery?

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i'll post a link to oakley's site for the specs iirc its a 13 jewel quartz movement. extremely accurate but, it does rely on a battery for power. one thing to note is that usually quartz movements do not use any jewels at all let alone 13 its an extremely nice quartz movement the same movement is used in some of the lumtecs as i understand it so your talking a high end non automatic movement.

http://www.oakley.com/products/3675/19140

7. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    lol something i just realized reading through the watches description on oakley's site is the fact that the watch is cnc milled then forged for impact resistance. i have other titanium watches and even a few high end knives from direware and strider and the titanium is far and away nothing like any other watch i have it reminds me of whats on my direware solo its rc has to be in the high 50's or better so its not going to mar up like other titanium watches.

8. Apr 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    i probably should have posted this up in the buy/sell/trade/other section:eek:

either way i need this gone so i'll give it a couple days here for my fellow toyota guys and then she's going to either ebay god help me or a jewelers.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    thank you for moving this to the correct thread :)

bump for today, there has to be some oakley heads out there.

iirc they are stopping production on these in 2013 a friend of mine owns one of the biggest stores for this sort of stuff in the country. he had remarked that they where ending production of the time machine in the next year so once that happens these guys are going to be very difficult to find fyi.

10. Apr 14, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
  11. Apr 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    one more then shes going on ebay lol.

12. Apr 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    GoatFiddyone

GoatFiddyone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    '17 DCLB TRD OR
    Bump for a bitchin watch! I get more complements on my minute machine than any other watch I own. It truly is a unique and personality filled watch. The quality is second to none!

For the people that are skeptical on the battery, Oakley is an amazing company when it comes to maintenance on their products with the watches being their pride and joy. I just had my Minute Machine battery replaced after 3 years and they did it for free. The battery is warranted for 4 years but after the warranty it's only $20 and Oakley covers the shipping.

[​IMG]

13. Apr 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    agreed i had to send back my rolex submariner twice to rolex lol. i have been into watches for years and this is one of my personal favorites my favorite being a tie between my rolex submariner and a solid gold not gold filled seamaster from 1962. that one belonged to my grandfather and has the most sentimental value lol.

you have to understand that watch makers give you the option of quartz movements on some models where accuracy is a valued more than an automatic ie, omega seamaster and others lumtec etc... sure now if you get yourself into a bell&ross or rolex or older omega this is something thats not a problem but, your going to pay through the nose for a chronometer certified automatic watch trust me i have a few.

the only thing that you will have to do is change out the battery every 3 to 4 years end of story this is not a cheap movement by any means lol. this movement is at the top of the heap in terms of reliability and precision oakley choose a very good one this is their most expensive watch and there is a reason they went with a quartz movement. lol i can't even believe i have to explain this :/ so suffice it to say that its unlike every other quartz or battery driven movement you most likely have ever seen let alone owned.

14. Apr 17, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    99.9% of quartz movements contain no jewels pinning things together this one has thirteen spacing the internals and pinning them together. in an automatic the more jewels the better in a quartz it does not effect accuracy but instead lends itself to a more stable movement and the movement itself is hand assembled and pinned in switzerland.

so if that is a concern i encourage you to research the topic and you will come to find it competes and imo exceeds the rhodium plated quartz found in the omega seamaster oakley sells these watches for 1,400 dollars and the version with a few diamonds on the face goes for well over 4 thousand. the movement is of the highest quality believe me.

like i said i need to sell this as i kind of need the cash thats it. this watch was actually a birthday present from my wife she knew i wanted one for years and she finally sprung for it. so its not like i actually want to sell it but, the money would serve me better right now than the gods metal in my watch box. the serial number checks out everything is legit straight from oakley if you want it now the time i really don't want to put it on ebay and have it go to some fucking tool who will not even understand what it is :/ i wanted this to go to a watch guy someone who would at least appreciate it as i do.

15. Apr 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    AK2NM

AK2NM Active Member

Member:
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF ROAD, DCLB
    sent you a pm...

16. Apr 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    pm replied to :)

17. Apr 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    will consider trading for certain guns, i like them compact 1911's kimber w/c etc..., glocks, m&p's, fn fnx.45,
    revolvers, ruger 1022, mossberg 590 a1 special purpose.

in new condition or very good condition

18. Apr 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    thanks whipper :)

bump

19. Apr 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    all right todays the last day. then she goes on ebay.

i would be willing to consider trades for compact/subcompact handguns sig p238 & p938 4th gen g26various compact m&p's kimber compact .45's and so on + or - cash depending on condition of firearm and model.

20. Jul 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM
    Michaelgoes

Michaelgoes New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael Goes
    Hy i can you call me at 407 6906411 i will like to buy the watch.

Products Discussed in

To Top