1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OBA question: Where did you mount the quick disconnect?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by gordynor, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TacoBaja

TacoBaja Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
  2. kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
  3. gordynor

gordynor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Steering intermediate shaft TSB, Rear leaf TSB, Bilstien 5100 F&R, Viair 400 mounted under the hood, rear diff breather, re-routed crossmember exhaust, fixed GPS mount, in-dash CB radio, double din HU, trimmed mud flaps, etc...
    So I finished the install today. As I mentioned, the Viair 400H is in the open space near the windshield on the passenger side.

[​IMG]

The leader runs into a manifold ($2 from Harbor Freight!) where I've installed a 115psi safety valve (since I don't have a regulator or a tank and am likely to forget and run it without an attachment...). I used the unused part of my CB antenna bracket to hold the manifold in place. I think I'll make a better bracket later.

From there it branches into the two orange lines - one to the front under the bumper and above the skid...

[​IMG]

...and the other to the rear, mounted to the frame above the hitch.

[​IMG]

This way they're all out of the way and won't get ripped off if I catch the truck on something. I added a rubber chair leg cap to each QD to keep dust/mud out of them, too. So now I can air up without scratching the truck with the coil hose and I have easy access for helping fellow drivers.

Thanks for your pictures and ideas!

4. sam_i02

sam_i02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samir
    Kanata, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner AccessCab
    BHLM, Satoshi grill, D-rings, Relentless Fab recovery shackle, DRL, Firestone RideRite airbags, WO seatcovers, added temp gauge, custom interior lights.
    Thanks for the pics and the writeup Daniel. Nice work with the install. I especially like the rubber-dust-cap idea on the QDs. I am certainly going to need something like that to keep the road salt and corrosion out of the connectors.

5. gordynor

gordynor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Steering intermediate shaft TSB, Rear leaf TSB, Bilstien 5100 F&R, Viair 400 mounted under the hood, rear diff breather, re-routed crossmember exhaust, fixed GPS mount, in-dash CB radio, double din HU, trimmed mud flaps, etc...
    Thanks. I think I'll make some brackets to permanently mount the QDs instead of just relying on zip-ties (I love those things!), but for now it isn't going anywhere!

6. kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Awesome job! Looks nice and clean.

To Top