1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM all Weather Mat Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jabrackin, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    I bought a complete set of rubber mats about a year ago off someone and I have noticed a difference between a lot people are selling on here and the ones that I have. The set that that I have says Toyota, but also there are 2 holes in each the front driver and passenger side floor mats for floor clips to hold them in place. In many of the floor mats I have seen posted, there are just holes in the driver mat. Does anyone know if the the set I have is the newer floor mat and the thinner ones?

2. Feb 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
  3. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    neil1967

neil1967 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Impulse Red pearl TRD Off Road
    Did you ever get an answer to this? I also just bought new OEM floormats and mine have holes for both passenger and driver, but my truck ('05 Double Cab) only has holes for clips on the driver's side...?

4. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Mine have holes on both sides as well. I believe 07' and newer was the year they started installing the hooks for the passenger side as well.

5. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    FY01CPO

FY01CPO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    CT
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4
    black tube steps, side marker turn signals, 15% tint and window strip, EGR vent shades, fighter pilot/cockpit mod, console and glove box auto on LED, anytime fog light mod, 3000k HID fogs, bed mat wing nut mod, locking bed storage bin mod, smoked tail lights, plasti-dipped rims, blacked out emblems, black tail pipe, tail gate hose clamp, rear seat utility/dog shelf with rear center console access door.
    My 2010 AC has pegs on both sides of the cab to retain floor mats. I wonder if you can buy a kit to install them. When I got my WeatherTechs, they came with a set of pegs to go in the grommets. Do you even have the grommets to put the pegs in?

If not, I bet a 1/4" or 3/8" grommet kit and the pegs would do you just right. You'd just have to pull the carpet up to get the tool in there to mate the two sides.

6. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    I have an 08 Double Cab that came with the all-weather mats (though my mats say Tacoma) and both sets of mats and both sides of the truck have holes for mat clips.

7. Jul 1, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Hi, looks like the Q has been answered but I would add that my '07 only had hooks on the drivers side but my '10 has them on the passenger. When I switched over my all weather mats I simply put a couple of slits in the mats to accept the hooks on the floor. I guess the bottom line is that mats with holes for hooks on the passenger side are newer updated mats.

8. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    neil1967

neil1967 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Impulse Red pearl TRD Off Road
    Alright, this is making more sense. It sounds like '06 and older don't have grommets on the passenger side. Kind of annoying that Toyota would only make one kind of mat for the passenger side (PT908-35002-02) seeing as they're the knuckleheads who did it without and then with grommets on the passenger side in the first place. You should be able to buy the passenger mat without holes for the older models...Maybe I'll see about installing my own grommets (ugh).

Products Discussed in

To Top