1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Dash Removal?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BlueSteel, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Does anyone have an online diagram for removing the entire OEM factory dash? A giant piece of concrete was dropped off by a commercial vehicle on the freeway and shattered my windshield which thrashed the top of my dash. :mad: I checked and found out that the whole dash has to be replaced at the cost of $570.00 w/o labor. :eek:

2. Jul 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    Awesome!...thanks for the link.

3. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    pmo

pmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    Insurance????

4. Jul 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    Junebug McQuinn

Junebug McQuinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wylie, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road Pre-Runner
    Holy shit! Were you able to get any info on the truck? I can't imagine you would have been able to with a shattered windshield and trashed truck.

5. Jul 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    I was in the fast lane and he was two lanes to the right and ahead of me. It was a commercial Sterling truck with rigging crap in his bed. After the concrete block fell it bounced once and then popped up into my windshield. I thought a bomb exploded...didnt even touch my fender, bumper, or hood.

I chased the guy down and laid on my horn driving next to him. The Toyota horn is an absolute joke because the guy never looked over. I had to speed and swerve my truck into his vehicle...I was determined to have him pull over.

In the end the guy denied everything and I just took his plate and company info and reported it. I'm still dealing with his company insurance, of which, they haven't paid a dime; my insurance has been doing everything. I almost think that you have to go crooked and fake a back injury to get anything done.

I think my next mods should be a front/rear camera and horn replacement. To replace the dash is $1078.00. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jul 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    Stock
    Train horn mod?

7. Jul 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    no doubt!

8. Jul 22, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    you point to this as to say that it IS there... let me see if i can find it for our friend

9. Jul 22, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Your insurance should pay for it and go after the company's insurance, not diddle you around like that

10. Jul 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser

nope, i can't find it... anyone else with any luck?

11. Jul 22, 2011 at 9:27 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    What damage did it do to the dash I'm sure it is pretty scratched up those dashes are very sensitive good luck

12. Jul 22, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    LGE RAW

LGE RAW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Dothan
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road DCSB 6AT Magnetic Gray Metallic
    New Mods in the works.
    Holy brown seat mod Batman!

13. Jul 24, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    BlueSteel

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    To replace the dash will cost $1078.00 w/labor :eek:. The other insurance hasn't paid a dollar yet. I'm getting my truck serviced right now at the dealership for a couple things including the tsb cracked headlights. I asked if they had a dash repair person that could look at it and see if it could be fixed. The dash just got a couple scrapes and a tear that was a quarter in size. Rather than replace the entire dash and cluster, I want to try and just fix the small cosmetic problem. I will keep y'all posted.

14. Jul 24, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    That's a big chunk of concrete. Glad you're alright man. There have been stories of debris that big going through the windshield. Won't your insurance pay for a new dashboard?

Products Discussed in

To Top