1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Fog Relay Pin Assignment Question???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by andrewrosz, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Mar 6, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    andrewrosz

andrewrosz [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Okole seat covers, locking bed compartments, vent visors, curt trailer hitch, rear headrests removed, custom plywood bedliner with extra D-rings, disabled seat belt chime.
    Hello All:

As many of you Tacoma owners out there have successfully installed both OEM and after-market fog lights, I wish to do the same... However, my 2010 4-cylinder Taco did not come pre-wired thus I must run the fog light wiring from scratch. I'm also bent on using both an OEM switch and an OEM fog light relay (both of which I have already purchased). The Toyota OEM fog light relay part number is 9008087026). What I now need to know is the exact pin assignments of this OEM relay as there are no identifying pin numbers on the relay itself...

Please refer to the picture below when responding, and to make things easy, I have labeled the pins in the picture "A, B, C, and D." I kind of figured out that pin "A" must be the "parking light 12V tap" (the 12V low-amperage Power-In to the relay that activates the relay to turn on the fog lights) but that's about all that I am reasonably sure of at this point.

From other fog light wiring diagrams that I have seen, I've also been able to determine that the four relay pins on a typical fog light relay include...

1. - 12V Power-In directly from the battery (which is also in-line with a 15-amp fuse)

2. - 12V Power-Out (to power the fog lights)

3. - Low-Amperage 12V Power-In from the fog light switch (whose power is commonly supplied from the 12V parking light green wire to provide power to the switch). Alternatively, some people choose to bend this particular blade on an OEM relay and provide a low-amperage power-in source from the ignition or accessory circuit.

4. - Common Ground

Can anyone match the four letters in the picture below with the pin assignment numbers as outlined above???

Annotated Fog Relay.jpg

And to all of you "in the know," please feel free to respond. Please also feel free to confirm or refute other responses (so we can get at the truth)! Please also feel free to add any other tidbits of info or links that you think would be helpful to those of us who wish to accomplish a "True OEM" fog light wiring installation (from scratch) by mounting an OEM fog light relay directly in the plastic fuse/relay box next to the battery and running all applicable wires to it as appropriate.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    andrewrosz

andrewrosz [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Okole seat covers, locking bed compartments, vent visors, curt trailer hitch, rear headrests removed, custom plywood bedliner with extra D-rings, disabled seat belt chime.
    C'mon... Doesn't anybody have an answer to this fog relay pin assignment question???

3. Mar 13, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    06ToyTaco

06ToyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DCLB Sr5 Silver
    OME 885X, 1.5" AAL + TSB, LR UCA
    The pins would end up looking like this when looking from the front of the vehicle (headon) :

= ||

[​IMG]

4. Mar 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    andrewrosz

andrewrosz [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    Yeah, I know that's how the pins will look when looking at the vehicle headon, but that still doesn't answer the question as to where each one of them goes... I need to know where how each of the pins "A, B, C, and D" in the picture actually connect to the list below...

1. - 12V Power-In directly from the battery

2. - 12V Power-Out (to power the fog lights)

3. - Low-Amperage 12V Power-In from the fog light switch

4. - Common Ground

Anybody have the answer???

5. Mar 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.

Products Discussed in

To Top