1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM radio issues taking to dealership

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TCprerunner, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Apr 27, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    TCprerunner

TCprerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just want to make sure I have everything I need for them to help me with my issue. I am coming up on 30k and have a few warranty issues I want to take care of. Door panel cracked, rattle in dash, passenger seat raytling , drive line vibration, and the main one is my radio.

Has only happend 3 times and last night I got a video of it on my phone. Everything will be working normal and then the screen and all the lights turn off radio will still play but I am unable to control the vol. I can press any other button and everything returns to normal.

Anyone heard of this before?

Its a 2012 and has all the Bluetooth options don't know if there is more then one type

2. Apr 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    Bpassmore8

Bpassmore8 Brian13DCSB

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White TRD Sport
    Debadged, N-Fab step bars, LED cup holder lights, LED dome and map lights, TRD stickers, HID retrofit (Morimoto Mini H1 6.0, BHLM, HomerTaco ghost raptor grill, OME 885s with 90021 up front, 60091 in the rear with trim spacer
    I work as a service advisor at a Lexus dealer. While you have the video on your phone don't be surprised if they say they can't do anything about the radio if they aren't able to duplicate it themselves. Don't take it out on the service advisor if that is the case because they are stuck in the middle

3. Apr 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    TCprerunner

Member:
    What should I do? If its a problem that happens randomly and I don't know how to make it happen and I have proof it is faulty?

4. Apr 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    Bpassmore8

Bpassmore8 Brian13DCSB

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, N-Fab step bars, LED cup holder lights, LED dome and map lights, TRD stickers, HID retrofit (Morimoto Mini H1 6.0, BHLM, HomerTaco ghost raptor grill, OME 885s with 90021 up front, 60091 in the rear with trim spacer
    Still bring it up to them and show the video. They may just say they duplicated it if they know it is happening. If not, at least it is documented. If they don't do anything call Toyota customer care and let them know. They may authorized replacement on their end. By documenting it, if it becomes consistent out of warranty you can then ask for goodwill which is Toyota replacing or repairing something for you as a one time goodwill gesture for a non warrantable repair. We do it all the time for known issues. With Lexus IS models the touch sensitivity on the nag screens stops working all the time so people call and, depending on their service history, cover all or a portion of the cost to replace the unit. Usually they will cover the part and you pay labor so worst case you pay one hour labor at a dealer after your truck is out of warranty

5. Apr 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    adanfon

adanfon YNWA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adán
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma DCLB 4x4
    It depends on the dealer I guess, if we get one in with a intermittent issue and it's warranty, we just order it. Flat rate, we ain't got no time for that.

6. Apr 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    Bpassmore8

Bpassmore8 Brian13DCSB

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Good point. Concerns are much more likely to be 'duplicated" while under warranty when things can be shotgunned a little bit so push the issue while under warranty

7. Apr 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    We see this all the time.
    Weather we can duplicate it or not we just replace it.
    Happens to often not to.
    Myself I'm on my second radio .
    All depends on the dealer...
    Good luck

8. Apr 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    TCprerunner

Member:
    Guess I will find out sometime this week.. Hope it works out for everything cause all the small things alone are not a huge deal. Now its getting annoying having all these little issues lol

9. Apr 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    TCprerunner

Member:
    Got everything being fixed other then the loose pass. Seat.. Now to figure out if I can sell the new radio and have the money for a aftermarket unit

Products Discussed in

To Top