1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM rear camera relocation question?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by PFD FIRE, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Aug 29, 2020 at 8:32 AM
    PFD FIRE

PFD FIRE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires, Total Chaos UCA, Bilstein 6112 Coilovers (front) Bilstein 5100 (rear), TRD CAI, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Rough Country/Lamphus LED lights, rear ARB locker, Baja Rack
    I’ve recently ordered a new rear bumper and tire carrier from 4xInnovations. They are going to weld on a camera bracket on the tire carrier (lower swing arm)

Is there a way to extend the wiring to give enough slack for camera to reach the new location on the tire carrier?

I posted a picture of the actual bumper indicating where the camera bracket is going to be located.8C4CF71C-1327-4CA6-9319-03403B294454.jpg

2. Aug 29, 2020 at 9:27 AM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    The wire inside the tailgate is pretty long. It snakes in through the bottom edge so if you remove the inner panel to disconnect the camera and wire, by the time you pull it back out of the tailgate you’ll probably have to coil up a few feet of extra cable since your new bumper location is so much closer to the connector plug(passenger side of centerline in front of bumper).
    Edit- maybe not a few feet but there should still be enough to follow the swing out arm instead of looping around inside the tailgate as it does now. You can get an idea how long it is by removing the tailgate panel for a look-see.

PFD FIRE[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    PFD FIRE

PFD FIRE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac Tires, Total Chaos UCA, Bilstein 6112 Coilovers (front) Bilstein 5100 (rear), TRD CAI, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Rough Country/Lamphus LED lights, rear ARB locker, Baja Rack
    Cool thanks I’ll take a look at that:bananadance:

4. Aug 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Mine didn’t come with a camera but it was prewired up to the plug. Camerasource.com Is where I purchased it. Plug/play from the connector to the mount with more than enough to do your install. Worked right out of the box with the Entune HU but later added front and rear anytime switches.

Products Discussed in

To Top