1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM switch stickers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moserjjx, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Dec 3, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    moserjjx

moserjjx [OP] Tacoma Newbie

Member:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Weathertech liners, bed mat, rear spring TSB, extra 12V outlets in center console, seat belt chime off
    I'm looking at a couple of these switches for a few upcoming mods

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led

Does anybody have a source or an idea for some stickers/icons/stencils to add to this sticker? I'm thinking about a heated seat icon and some sort of icon for bed lights.

If no ideas, i might just stop by a sign shop and see if they can cut some little vinyl stickers

2. Dec 4, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    Made a crappy drawing of my idea and had a friend who does graphics make these for a 12 pack of Molson. I'm sure there are local shops that could do something similar for a few bucks.

[​IMG]

3. Dec 4, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    two reviews say they don't fit the 2005+ Tacoma.

4. Dec 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    moserjjx

moserjjx [OP] Tacoma Newbie

Member:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD 4x4
    Weathertech liners, bed mat, rear spring TSB, extra 12V outlets in center console, seat belt chime off
    i saw that too so i might order one just to try it first and see. Even if its close I might be able to make it work with a little fudging here and there

5. Dec 4, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    let the rest of us know how close it really is.

6. Dec 4, 2008 at 12:11 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I thought about getting those for my lights but got the other switches and they come with the fog emblem on them will post a pic most people run thos switch to and i picked them up from the dealer for the same price

7. Dec 6, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    I bought three of these switches, I didn't have a problem making them fit.

The hole where the switch blank sits has a bit of a taper on the backside and this prevents the switch from locking into place. I just grabbed a metal file and abolished the lip and the new switch fit like a charm.

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

8. Dec 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    I went outside and braved the cold.....here are the pics. I rigged the switch up to run my LED footwell lights.

As shown in the 2nd pic, you just need to file a bit of that inside lip down to get the switch to fit. Hope this helps.....

DSC03154.jpg
    DSC03157.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top