1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

off road necessities

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GYOAZ, May 26, 2015.

1. May 26, 2015 at 12:37 AM
    GYOAZ

GYOAZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 MGM access cab
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    Just bought my Tacoma and I'm wondering what I should get first for some moderate AZ wheelin. I'm leaning toward a good set of rock sliders. Any other suggestions or advice?

2. May 26, 2015 at 1:13 AM
    Tonka

Tonka Pro-Darwinism

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    America's Basement
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB prerunner 04 AC 4x4 TRD OR. '16 DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    '04 265/70R16 Dueler A/T, Softopper, Bilstein 5100's, Toytec AAL, DIY Satoshi, Midland CB, ARB front. Self fabb'd rear bumper. Smittybilt X20 winch '16 custom car grill, Cooper ST Maxx
    Take care of your chassis... Skid plates, sliders, bumpers... anything to keep rocks from your drive line/fuel components. Thats always a first for me. Then get a good bag of recovery gear and some tools... Im a huge fan of the saying 'rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.' As a side note, everyone's definition of 'light' 'moderate' 'extreme' wheeling is different. protect your investment as best you can. If you dont have sliders, then don't try sliding off of boulder!!!

3. May 26, 2015 at 1:21 AM
    GYOAZ

GYOAZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma SR5 4X4 MGM access cab
    Billies and Eibachs, Camburg BJ UCAs, Demello hybrid sliders SOS HC rear bumper, SOS front bumper, Warn M80000, fully armored, Safari snorkel, No-slip locker, diff breather, bumper and roof mounted light bars, onboard Viair, 275/70 17 BFG ATs, and a badass sound system.
    Cool. Thanks for the input. By moderate I mean mostly rocky terrain that requires 4wd and a little clearance but not lockers (I'd like my ride to have adequate protection before I go anywhere that extreme).

Tonka likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top