1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Official" Firestone RideRite + Lift Thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by littleblue81, May 28, 2013.

1. Nov 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    L J

L J Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport DCLB
    Yes I will sell you a set. PM me and we will work out the details.

2. Nov 6, 2017 at 6:01 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    i wheel the shit out of mine and they hold up well :thumbsup:

LcETYHw0bM5jpW4esmj7zhlo_okk2d5QAc2coPu3_618a31c39275be3b4f68fee8a93636e88ed5fc21.jpg

Lumberjackcoma likes this.
  3. Nov 6, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    L J

L J Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport DCLB
    I think the ubolt flip helps yours a little. I tow and I wanted that extra support.

4. Nov 9, 2017 at 2:04 AM
    motoglen

motoglen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    16' tacoma Limited
    billies set at 1.75 front and 1 inch block in the rear. 285/65r18 nittos

Definitely not wheel balance. It's the driveline. You feel it and can hear it moaning at about 20mph

5. Nov 9, 2017 at 2:10 AM
    wanna taco

wanna taco What's my name?

Member:
    First Name:
    alan
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x2 Barcelona Red!
    TRD Sport with a whole Shitload of TwoBitDiddlySquat Running Boards/Roof Rack/Bed Mat; Tint all around; W/Tech Liners; Extant Hard Trifold; P&L; Relentless tailgate mod; Amp Bed Step; TracOne; Rear headrest Delete; rear window lock rod; tailgate EZ hose clamp; Kahtec 3rd lite flasher; Muth Signal Mirrors; 894 (38W) Fog Reverse Bulbs; Seat belt extenders; Seat belt chime silenced; Fumoto Kwik Valve; RideRites/Daystars; Eyebolts; SS D Rings; Viair 70P; Lund hitch Bed Extender; Custom Windshield Rock Chips; ...
    If you have a lift, you may have changed your drive angles.

motoglen[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Nov 9, 2017 at 2:12 AM
    motoglen

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    16' tacoma Limited

Yea so on top of that and airing up a little its exaggerated even more.

7. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:06 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Has anyone installed these that already had the Dakar 2" leaf pack and either used or didn't use a 2" spacer?. I have the Dakar leaf pack and installed my airbags with the daystar cradle and a 2" spacer to compensate for the lift and I'm not sure I like it. First of all it seems to squish the bags more then its supposed to, also I have tried it with 5, 10 and 20 PSI (no added weight or towing) and everytime I hit a bump or pot hole it feels like it holes or bottoms out pretty hard. Anyone have pictures or experience this as well?

synaps3 likes this.
  8. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:47 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    No spacer on the bags with my Dakars. I've never felt like they bottom out - even when i jumped the truck. There's always 500 pounds in the bed and I only have more than 5 pounds of air in the bags if I'm towing a heavy load.

Ditch the spacer.

synaps3 and TonkaToyTaco like this.
  9. Dec 27, 2017 at 11:56 AM
    BrianT23

BrianT23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SC/LT/BDGR POOP Tacoma 4x4
    What a gorgeous boston whaler! I have a 1969 17' montauk, she needs alot of love :(

littleblue81[OP] likes this.
  10. Dec 27, 2017 at 12:34 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Do you by any chance have a picture you could post?

11. Dec 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    I meant to take one today. It's dark now though. I'll try to remember.

TonkaToyTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 27, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    motoglen

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    16' tacoma Limited

Mine bottoms out often. I hate it. I am only running a 1 inch block in the rear for lift. No spacers on the cradles. I have tried more psi and it helps a bit but then I get the stupid carrier bearing shimmy.

13. Dec 27, 2017 at 6:39 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    The spacers are for lifted applications without cradles, so you don't over flex the bags.

14. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    motoglen

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    16' tacoma Limited
    Maybe I should try just ditching the cradles. See if it makes it better. I don't run a spacer with mine. I went with the cradles so I could flex without worrying about over stretching the bags.

15. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:21 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    What shocks are you running in the rear?

16. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:22 PM
    motoglen

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    16' tacoma Limited
    5100s

17. Dec 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Those shouldn't be the problem then.

When I first lifted the front 2.5", I leveled the rear with air in the bags. I blew out the stock rear shocks pretty quickly. I put on OME N182s and they mellowed out the ride nicely. When I put on my Dakars, I went with B110s (5100s for DB lifts).

18. Dec 28, 2017 at 3:46 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    I think your right on that one. I'm going to take the spacer out and see how it goes. Thanks

19. Jan 23, 2018 at 11:00 PM
    DrewDown

DrewDown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 Double Cab Short Bed
    I was all set to install my airbags and cradles but now I'm bummed I need to fab up some spacers. Really not keen on that as I have zero tools for it and hate trying to rope someone into helping me.

20. Jan 24, 2018 at 4:15 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    What do you need spacers for? To lift the cradles? And how much lift you need?

To Top