1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

-->Official Snowboard/Ski Thread<--

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by NumNutz, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 TRD
    ive skiied for as long as i can remember. tried boarding a couple times but mostly just stick to skiing. only the best for me - whistler and the interior of bc. sun peaks, big white...all awesome places to go

2. Nov 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    I have an option makin board, drake super sport bindings. Check my gallery for pics.

3. Nov 26, 2009 at 1:44 PM
    BaysMtnTaco

BaysMtnTaco IH8MUD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Tenn.
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 3RZ
    None...yet.
    Is it just me, or is it really hard for everyone else to snowboard, after skiing for many years...

I went out last year and tried snowboarding, and absolutly sucked at it. Ill ski down double blacks all day, but i cant even stand on a snowboard.

Any one else seen the same results?

4. Nov 26, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I used to ski pretty hardcore in the winter.. 20+ times a season.. but it's gotten way to expensive..

5. Nov 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
  6. Nov 26, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    yeah but up here in the mountains we're really hurting. Most of the snow is man-made at this point. We're still waiting for the big one that'll stick around

7. Nov 26, 2009 at 11:38 PM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    yea hurting all around man. Here in oregon the last two mtn's are opening tomorrow and saturday. The snow level tho is really low, at all of them. But i always get a season to two mtn's so im gunna tough it out with preseason conditions and PRAY PRAY PRAY FOR SNOW. Which doesnt look like much with next weeks forcast..

8. Nov 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    Snowboarding since 1999. Won't try skiing until I'm old and can't snowboard anymore.
    What do you ride? saving up for a Skate Banana 152cm. Currently riding a Ride Timeless 156cm. Burton Custom bindings. DC Scout boots with BOA system. Pro-Tec helmet. Oakley A-Frame goggles.
    Where? Mammoth Mountain, Mt High, Mt. Baldy, Big Bear/ Snow Summit, Sierra at Tahoe, Brighton
    Got any trips planned this season? Mt High every weekend, Mammoth once per month Jan-April, Utah in Dec.
    Pics? [​IMG]
    Vids? none uploaded.

I was originally going to buy a TRD Pre-runner Sport since it was cheaper than the 4WD, but decided that a TRD 4WD Off-Road is worth the extra $1000. I used the 4Hi for Mammoth when it dumped 3 feet during a blizzard, and that single moment made it worth the extra cash. I'm stoked to take it to more snowboarding trips. NO MORE CHAINS!!!

9. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy www.EvolvedFinance.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Los Angeles (South Bay)
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 Debadged
    BHLM, Revenge Fab Rock-Sliders, BFG TA KO's, N-Fab light bar with 4 Hella 500's, Rear Suspension TSB, TRD Exhaust, CB Radio, 100W Ultra bright headlights, JBL Sound
    Who snowboards or skis: Snoboard
    What do you ride: 152 Nitro T0, Burton Custom Bindings, Burton Hails, and a parkrocker for the jibs.
    Where: Bear Mountain/Mammoth/etc...
    Got any trips planned this season? Every weekend pretty much. I've been 4 times this winter.
    Pics: Uhhh. To many to post. visit - http://tinyurl.com/yl8n5bn

10. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    frozen_taco

frozen_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairbanks AK
    Vehicle:
    05 Off rd. trd acc. cab with modddds
    flowmaster 50 series delta flow dual exhaust, grillgraft mesh, BHLM, VIPER 2 way auto start, Alpine 10" type R subwoofer, Custom made sub enclosure in back, aries tube steps, K&N, 20% tint, debadged, 20"X9 panther realm rims, Nitto 420 tires, blacked out tails, visors, PIAA headlights, bug guard,
    well our hill finally opened friday, I went on saturday and could barely move sunday morning gotta love it.

11. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    xtirtzt

xtirtzt Addict.

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    afe pro-dry S, flowmaster 40 series, ipod interface, black headlights, yellow fogs
    rockin the rossi scratch fs's.... killington VT trip planned for mid december.. if theres even enough snow..WTF, Utah trip in January

12. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz [OP] One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Damn when will the mountain open. Shit, when will it snow!!!!!

13. Dec 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    MikeyD

MikeyD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Sayreville NJ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota tacoma 4x4
    BHLM, HID kit, yellow fogs, Grill craft, Hellas behind grillcraft, LED cup holder mod, after market horn, extra reverse lights, under body glow for off roading at night, pro comp 7089's wrapped in 255/75/17 bfg mud terrains, Toytec coiovers sat at 3.25, 2" add a leaf with 5100's, Satoshi grill mod
    I ski i got a pair of twin tip k2's. I usually get a season pass to mountain creek bc its only one hour away from me. Since its so close i usually go 3 times a week atleast. Im trying to post a little edit i made last year but it says invalid when i try to upload. Can any one help!

14. Dec 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I don't own a snowboard but I plan on going out to CO around Valentines day to visit my Girlfriend. She is going to school in Denver right now. We are gonna head up to Keystone probably. She has a ski pass to most of the resorts and I will use her buddy passes. We went up to keystone last valentines day. It was my first time snowboarding, I did ok. We got there on a sunday night and went night skiing, only schoolmarm was open. I busted my ass the entire way down. The next day I practiced a little and was able to do schoolmarm twice only falling once per run. I can surf, skateboard, and wakeboard pretty well so once I got my feet comfortable under me after a few runs on the bunny slopes I did pretty well. I found out im comfortable riding both regular and goofy.

My girlfriend just started boarding this season, she usually skiis but figured she would give boarding a try. She is up at either Loveland, winter park, keystone, A-basin, or copper mountain at least once a week between her busy schedule with work and school.

Here's me at the top of Keystone.

n23212128_35185982_2708.jpg

15. Dec 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    snorola

snorola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    Who snowboards or skis?
    snowboard

What do you ride?
    Lib Tech Skunk Ape 162 (soon to be converted to split board)
    Burton Custom 162W(rock board)
    Will be purchasing a Gnu Park Pickle 159 for resort riding once I split my lib

Where?
    Did two seasons in Colorado riding Vail, Beaver Creek and all resorts around there.
    Living in Canmore Alberta now with a season pass to Sunshine Village, ride Louise a bit as well, planning on lots of back country missions this season

Got any trips planned this season?
    Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Rogers Pass, Red Mountain, Whitefish possibly Jackson Hole

Pics?
    here are a couple of random snaps from this season so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ..... and when the snow really sucks I do ride park
    [​IMG]

Vids?
    made a DVD one season but obviously can't upload it

16. Dec 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM
    NumNutz

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Lots.
    Word dude. That looks sick!!! You guys have gotten a lot of snow so far. Lucky you. My local mountain opens this thursday.

How do you convert a board to a spilt board?

17. Dec 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    snorola

snorola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    Yeah I think the resorts have around 3m or 9ft snowfall so far and average around 3ft base. Pretty good for start of December!

To convert a board just run it through the table saw :D then buy a voile split board kit, or you can buy factory made ones but I don't have the $$$. www.splitboard.com has all the answers

18. Dec 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM
    Terp

Terp Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport
    Hey all!

I started getting into snowboarding last season and absolutely love. Now of course it's time to buy a board so I was hoping for a little guidance.

I already have K2 boots but I'm not sure what I buy to go with them. Apparently Burton uses a different setup that's not compatible so are they out of the picture?

I mostly just do resort snowboarding with just a bit of park stuff. Is there any certain board types or lengths I should focus on? Thanks!

19. Dec 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM
    snowgod06

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    burton bindings should work with any boot, its a matter of comfort, durability, and preference. As for the board that depends what you ride the most. Powder riding you would want a little wider even a bit longer of a board to float on top. Park riding is hard because different people have different styles. Some like a shorter board to spin faster and a narrower board for less box/rail drag. Also your height and weight and boot size also change your board options. I ride two different boards, one for park and one for everything else. Hope this helps a bit.

20. Dec 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    NumNutz

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Lots.
    +1 on everything said above...

If you rock a size 12 boot or up you need a wide sized board for the most part.

Products Discussed in

To Top