1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(OFFICIAL) Socal MOD DAY "7" MEET/GREET/MODS/BEER/BBQ/BASKETBALL/FOOTBALL 3/27

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by RAD, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 11, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    RAD

RAD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    * * BUMP * *

We had around 35 Tacos @ Mod Day 6.5

Lets get more guys out there as its going to be a Nice Weekend.:D

Talked to SARAH @ All-Pro and she is going to try and make it out with her "TACO":p

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    35??? Thought there was more than that throughout the day

3. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ I'm guessing and I have NO clue. Ok, hows this Chris. We had A LOT! :D

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    LB Taco

LB Taco Taco... since '97

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 Red PreRunner LB- sick!
    Debagded, American Outlaw 17" rims with BFG 265x70, Ipod interface, GC upper and lower grille, black grille surround, Red Devil Horns, relocated horns, A/C mod, Fogs on anytime, Original 40 flowmaster, Hella 500ff behind the grill, with more to come with more $...
    I wanna be in the picture!

I am going to try and swing by for a little while, even if i cant stay long.

Need help pulling of the door panels to do the leather arm rest mod- I attempted last weekend but felt like I was gonna break something.

5. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    I can pull off all 4 Doors for you in about 10 minutes. I can show you how also. So you'll know where to pull and in what sequence.

6. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    Leather armrest, that sounds like I should add that to the list of things I should do. Maybe speakers too

7. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    i have two Questions?? How hard is it to change out the rear Diff oil and How hard is it to do the breather mod on trans, front diff, and rear?

8. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    They are all almost impossible to complete. There are a few guys already doing the diff breather.

9. Mar 11, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    didnt someone say they were gonna do a v8 drop in? ill help with that :p

10. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    They were full of it.

11. Mar 11, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    the tranny tcase and front diff already have high breathers. The rear is easy and its super easy to change oil in tranny tcase front and rear diffs. If you have sport you need a good lsd additive with the gear oil.

12. Mar 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Yea that was me. I'd appreciate your help. I'll also be starting my 4 link LT setup that day if you wanna help. I'll pay: 3 Blue Moons & A Cheeseburger

Speak for yourself.

13. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    ^you drive a hard bargain :D

14. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    TreTuna

TreTuna Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Hollywood baby!
    Vehicle:
    07 SWB X-Runner
    Fully custom headlight mod (Two-tone painting, halos, "audi" style led strips, t-rex eyelids), recessed billet grill, Funky Fish "enlightened" custom emblem, Shorty antenna, blue gauge lights
    1. IAMRAYZIAN - BEER,CHIPS,&WATER / DOING DIFFERENTIAL MOD

2. sandman427- burger patties, burgers, hookah/ install my satoshi and trim my rear fender with dremel

3. K20me: Joseph: Installing (with guidance) All-Pro Leaf pack. I'll bring burgers, buns, and red stripe beer!

4. Retard: Bringing non alcoholic beverages and something to snack on. I will also be taking peoples lives, one by one, via my floor Jack.

5. bajamoon : diff breather mod sounds good. raffle off a jack and maybe some money.[​IMG]

6. one and only jdkeller : dessert. Dif breather. Fixing cb antenna. Pointing fingers. Making sure Manny is working safe. I will be posting up my grill for sale. Off a 2008 DC. Chrome with Grillcraft and Tacoma tailgate emblem. $140. If nobody wants it local I will post it officially on the forums.

7. whatthepho?

8. greg - more jack in the box?

9. ThroughItAllDude: I will NOT be making everyone stay late and shine their headlights at me so i can finish the install of suspension on my truck. I will be helping out if anyone needs it and i will be supplying the basketball again and prob some food of some sort.

10. Jake ~ its a long shot but i will flake and try not to get gerard and derek to go. ill bring........ frisbee? i would love to have fog light mod done [​IMG]

11. eskamo23- Maybe, ill let ya when the day gets closer....[/i]

12.MARIOSO - BHLM IS SOMEONE IS AVAILABLE TO HELP AND IF WE HAVE TIME, ID LIKE TO KNOW A HEAD OF TIME. ILL BRING WHATEVER U GUYS NEED. I SEE ALOT OF THINGS R COVERED SO LET ME KNOW WHATS MISSING

13. HBtacoma - I can bring chips drinks and beer, ALSO i have a Beer Pong table ill bring[​IMG]

14. Snwbdr- I can bring hot dogs & buns....also got a scanguage I never got around to using I can raffle off I suppose....ummm as for mods??? maybe either short shifter or slotted rotors....dunno

15. SoCalPrerunner - Maybe. I haven't been to one of these yet so I'll try to be there. I'll bring some beer because if I do show up I plan on drinking [​IMG] Does anyone need me to bring a jack or some jack stands? I have 2 heavy duty stands that can support my lifted (6-8") truck off the ground.

16. STR8_BEAST - Probably. as long as i dont get called in for work or something along those lines. ill prolly just be doing a C/B and maybe diff breather or something. i can bring water or food or something[​IMG]. we will see when it gets closer

17. TreTuna - I'm planning on being there as long as work permits, I'm kinda on call everyday right now. If I'm able to attend I'm starting my recessed billet grill mod and mounting a custom cut and lit emblem on the front. Grill already on it's way and finalizing design for the emblem with the acrylic engraver. I have an inflatable beer pong table and some frisbees and could pick up some brats or something if someone's cooking, just imagine I won't have the time to cook really.

15. Mar 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    TreTuna

TreTuna Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Hollywood baby!
    Vehicle:
    07 SWB X-Runner
    Fully custom headlight mod (Two-tone painting, halos, "audi" style led strips, t-rex eyelids), recessed billet grill, Funky Fish "enlightened" custom emblem, Shorty antenna, blue gauge lights
    Btw, anyone that's attending good with fiberglass/bondo that might be able to lend me a hand one my recessed grill, that would be awesome. I'm sure I can get it, but always good to have someone who actually knows what their doing around too, haha.

I've already done the cuts and am mounting the grille now, couldn't wait when the grille got here. But I'm not messing with the fiberglass and everything just yet.

16. Mar 13, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
  17. Mar 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    is amir still bringing the cousins:spy:

18. Mar 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    Don't listen to this guy ^^ He is horrible with bondo and fiberglass :cool:

19. Mar 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    maybe he is keeping them for himself:anonymous:

20. Mar 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Hey guys,
    I'm on the fence about going. I here so many good things about it that I really want to participate and help out others as we all seem to do in this forum. I can help by bring my floor jack and jack stands and such.
    On another note, if I do go, would any of you guys be interested in one of these light bars that I'm selling? I can bring some up there. I would even install them for you. Another easy mod. Just buy the light and someone else can go to town wiring it up. Just a thought. Great for the off-roading light, CB antenna, bike mount, etc. Hey just keep in mind, if you would like one and you want it in black I will need a few days to prep it so its ready to install as soon as I get there.
    Let me know (PM me too if you want). Here is the link. Included are pictures of some installed by other TW members.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/76668-bed-rail-bar-light-bar-group-buy.html

1st Generation Tacoma
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top