1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Star Trek Thread!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by HomerTaco, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Apr 21, 2018 at 6:37 PM
    Cudgel

Cudgel “Tonka”

Member:
    Live in: An Ocean of Plastic Trash
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR DCLB
    ICON8 Lift -285s. upTOPoverland rack.

2. Apr 22, 2018 at 4:14 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    Where in MA are you?

3. Jun 29, 2018 at 5:55 PM
    TacoGlenn

TacoGlenn Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGMAC 2.7L SR5
    Hellwig 1251's, Leer 122, Kahtec smart stop delay flashing 3rd brake light, de-chromed, de-badged, WeatherTech mats, WeatherTech side window deflectors,
    Warning- Bigtime Rant following!!

Having been a Star Trek fan since my youth (I used to watch the original series on Friday nights in the ‘60s) I finally picked up a used cd of “Star Trek- Into Darkness” (2013). I was appalled that Hollywood is so brain-dead that they can’t come up with an original story and expected us to completely forget about Ricardo Montalban in the original “Space Seed” tv episode and his follow-up, best-ever Star Trek antagonist, in “Wrath of Khan”. I threw the cd in the trash and have vowed to ignore any future Star Trek movies. Hollywood, keep your stinking, revisionist mitts off my beloved icons!!!

ricardo-montalban.jpg

(The same goes for the Mission Impossible movies- after I saw the first movie with the idiot writers having Jim Phelps as a traitor- but that’s another rant.)

Scenes from movies I'd like to see:

from "Wrath of Khan 2- Hollywood Chastised"-
    Wrath of Khan.jpg

from "Mission Impossible- Phelp's Revenge"-
    Phelps Revenge.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    robssol likes this.
  4. Jun 29, 2018 at 6:17 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2015 Base 2.7 Access Cab 4x4 5 sp
    No shit. There are so many characters to mine from TOS, wtf were they thinking bringing Khan back to the big screen when it had been done so definitively in Wrath of Khan? In any case it wasn’t good enough to keep me from comparing it to the other, very distracting.

5. Jun 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM
    robssol

robssol If it ain't broke, leave it the eff alone!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, TRD Sport, SR5, 4X4, AC
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    Liked for the Mission Impossible comment!
    Disagree with Star Trek rant. The new movies are a alternate time line. Into Darkness is a different take on how those events could occur. I agree it is not their best work but overall I did like Into Darkness. I had a idea he was Khan before the big reveal.
    I don't like the way they changed the Klingons. And the Star Trek universe is going to get more inconsistent in the future as TV and the movies have separate licensing and certain things cannot be shared between them. One of the reasons I won't watch ST: Discovery!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    TacoHank1998 likes this.
  6. Jul 7, 2018 at 10:37 AM
    carcinoid

carcinoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys! Happy to find a Star Trek thread. I have sooo much to add! If I get brave I'll even post a pic of the Klingon empire symbol and the seal of the United Federation of Planets that I have tattooed on my arm.

My big project right now is turning my garage into a shuttle bay. I have the walls and ceilings painted gray and I'm getting my floors coated in a polysiloxane epoxy in a couple weeks. After that, the real nerd kicks in. I'm getting a big screen TV and surround system and I'll have it connected to a windows computer running the LCARS skin/OS. I've also found high def images of things like the engineering computer panels from TNG that I'll be printing on acrylic and hanging with backlighting.

I'm also building a weapons locker for all of the phasers I have, including the rifle from First Contact, a romulan disruptor and the cardassian hand phaser and rifle.

I'll post pictures as it progresses!

7. Jul 7, 2018 at 11:35 AM
    TacoHank1998

TacoHank1998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 Green Tacoma Base
    Now THATS certified Trekkie material.

8. Jul 7, 2018 at 4:01 PM
    replica9000

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    Look forward to seeing pics.

9. Jul 9, 2018 at 1:42 AM
    beertimecontinuum

beertimecontinuum What's outside the simulation?

Member:
    First Name:
    Everett
    Ky,Earth,SolarSystem,MilkyWay,VirgoSupercluster
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite DCSB VEEEEEE 1.618
    FoxShox, Dirt King Heims, Chevy63s, 2UZ-FE V8 Flowmaster 40, Demello Front/DYF Rear w/Swigouts, BAMF sliders, DYFAF
    Sub. AF.

10. Jul 9, 2018 at 2:08 AM
    OnHartung'sRoad

OnHartung'sRoad -So glad I didn't take the other...

Member:
    Somewhere in the Mojave Desert...
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma OR 4x4 (formerly 2002 OR 4x4, 1995 4x4 4Runner, 1985 4x4 Toy PU) ... and RIP’s (rust in pieces) to a Bronco II 4x4 & S10 Blazer 4x4
    Bashir: "Those are Klingons?"
    Waitress: "All right. You boys have had enough."
    Odo: "Mister Worf?"
    Worf: "They are Klingons, and it is a long story."
    O'Brien: "What happened? Some kind genetic engineering?"
    Bashir: "A viral mutation?"
    Worf: "We do not discuss it with outsiders."

Best line ever! :rofl:

replica9000 and robssol[QUOTED] like this.
  11. Jul 9, 2018 at 3:04 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Frame 2.0, Fog lights anytime, Seatbelt reminder delete, Secondary air filter delete, LED bed lights, Running boards, 2017 Rims, Devil Horns by Andres, Ultra gauge, Cup holder/consol/glove compartment lights, Interior LED conversion, Blue Sea aux. fuse panel, fuse panel mounting plate by Yotamac, ProEFX heated towing mirrors, LED engine bay lights, Redline Quicklift Elite hood struts, Wet Okole Heated Seat Covers, Pop and Lock tailgate theft deterrent mod 2.0, Plasti-dip rear bumper. Decal free visors, Washable cabin air filter, Overhead consol auto dimming override switch, BulletProof Fabricating Skid plate, 2lo module.
    They should only change a race once. The excuse for the first change was in ST: Enterprise. I thought it was a little lame.

12. Jul 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM
    replica9000

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
  13. Jul 9, 2018 at 7:04 PM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2015 Base 2.7 Access Cab 4x4 5 sp
    Hold up. Where tf is that and why is it green?

14. Jul 16, 2018 at 1:48 PM
    replica9000

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
  15. Jul 25, 2018 at 9:43 PM
    carcinoid

carcinoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys. Phase 1 complete. Lift installed. Walls, ceiling and floors done. 65” + surround sound to follow soon. Lots of Trek stuff purchased to hang in the garage. I’ll keep y’all posted!

D056B0DB-0CF4-4CB2-8D60-3819B3E5F29A.jpg
    F3143305-FCC6-4440-B604-29787034055C.jpg

Steves104x4 and HomerTaco[OP] like this.
  16. Aug 6, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    robssol

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    S. Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard is back! Patrick Stewart will reprise his role as Captain Picard and will also serve as executive producer on the new Trek series!

Taco Addiction and TacoHank1998 like this.
  17. Aug 6, 2018 at 7:00 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Read that over the weekend. Pretty excited about that - probably the best news for Star Trek in quite some time.

robssol[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Aug 6, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    This is great news!

19. Aug 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM
    replica9000

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    I wonder if any of the TNG cast will return.

robssol likes this.
  20. Aug 6, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I'm sure they will. Personally, I'd like to see some of the Voyager folks & what they've been up to since they got back. Other than a brief Admiral Janeway cameo in the movie there's not much more info. :(

floodedkiwi and Taco Addiction like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top