1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OH S#!% moment

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by theredofshaw, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Feb 12, 2021 at 2:28 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Several oh shit moments in my gun career:

1. Was helping manage a shotgun class for the rotc marksmanship team and one of the targets was a hanging steel ipsc setup by the lead instructor. One of the studs managed a quick double with a Benelli m4, first shot hit the plate fine, second shot hit the now deflected plate and I took a mike tyson sized hit in the face with backsplash of birdshot. Took me to the ground effortlessly. Thankfully eyepro did its job and it just looked like a bad sunburn fir the afternoon. Steel plates and lead shot arent the greatest idea, and I should have recognized the risk, but "assumed" the lead which was an active sherrif / SWAT instructor knew his game. If you see something, say something.

2. Same range, partially same folks as #1, couple months later. Range goes cold, stud adjacent to the one Im watching racks the charging handle, watches the round flip out, drops the mag, (some know where this is going) and drops the hammer, which sends a green tip about 6 inches from my foot. Had a chat with his observer in the woodline after that one.

3. Jefferson Forest Public Range. Well known shitshow and safety hazard at the time. Some of us made a habit of wearing our SAPI plates to that range level of danger, but sometimes was all we had to work with. Range gets called cold, evryone steps over the line to check targets. About 20 yards down, some jackass magdumps a whole mag of 9mm. Everyone goes diving for the dirt. I was of that line about 30 seconds later, to hell with that.

CrippledHo likes this.
  2. Sep 14, 2021 at 10:12 AM
    MoonKnight

MoonKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    2018 silver Tacoma TRD or
    shiiiiit i had a real bad fuck up a year or so ago i detailed cleaned my pre 64 lever 30-30 ( the last time i did this i put back together wrong and it wouldnt take the round from the tube to chamber) this time i wanted to make sure it was put back together right b4 i was hunting put a round in the tube then for some stupid reason i went to release the hammer under control and it slipped and fired off thru bedroom wall to the next room and just missed the window in the other room . and all i could do was just stand there in shock at what just happened

after that a bought dummies

3. Nov 4, 2021 at 3:43 PM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2015 sporty dcsb 4wd
    Lifted, armored, lumenz w/ switches, positraked, long legged, big tars, debadged with a hood skewp
    This happened when I was about 15-16 went shooting with a friend and his dad. His dad let me shoot his 1911 first one I ever touched and was a novice pistol shooter(still am). Anyhow gave me a 2 min instruction on manual of arms on it i with drew from owb holster slow to firing stance from the time from withdrawal to prensentation I took off safety and had my finger on the trigger. I was excited the hammer dropped thank goodness he didn’t chamber a round I’d of ND myself.
    Very important lesson learned that day and thankfully never made the same mistake 2x.

Products Discussed in

To Top