1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil prices go up ,,, why is that again ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 4WD, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    Hypocrisy!

It's a helluva thing.

2. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Yup...

3. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Thanks for attempting to answer my question .

4. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    x2

Great analysis...

5. Feb 23, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    :rofl:

6. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    trot

trot Dang.

Member:
    Aberdeen Proving Ground
    Vehicle:
    18 SW TRD OR DCSB P&T
    democracy trumps cheap gas.

we could use a little ourselves these days.

7. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I thank you for your service...

8. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Sorry but your original post was too long and I lost interest and went to get a beer before finishing it. :D

9. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    Oil prices go up over anything.

10. Feb 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

No problem, your Canadian anyway prolly doesn't pertain to you, but at least it interested you enough to respond ....;)

I'll try to keep them shorter with your impaired attention deficit thing & all...:D

(we gotta give even the special kids a break )

11. Feb 23, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Who's to fall next? Bahrain.....Saudi...... Bad timing, I'd say and prepare for $10+ gas. There's no telling who'll govern OPEC (and their wells) when the dust settles.

12. Feb 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I'd say Libya looks to be next. Which is bad news for a bunch of reasons gas-related.

If Bahrain goes....AAAAAAND they demand the 5th Fleet depart, get ready for some real fun.

The good thing is that they won't demand the 5th Fleet leave. They need it for their economy.

13. Feb 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    It's always difficult to respond to this :eek: but when someone says that in person I usually just nod approvingly.

Thank you.

:)

14. Feb 23, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

I'd say Libya's Quaadafi is on deck to go down , when speaking of Bahrain & the Arab states, just another bunch of super rich, corrupt Mofo's , as far as who's gonna rule OPEC , not sure it matters , most here were probably too young (or not even born yet ) to remember the first oil embargo back in the 70's (liscense plate ODD/EVEN days to get gas) miles long lines just to buy $10 or $ 15 worth of gas (that was the limit).

But the biggest single thing that hasn't changed, is the Price Gouging Gas Shell game with many more players than just a bunch of western hating, ranting Arabs, so to condemn them (which I have no problem with) is condemning only 1 group of greedy ass thieves, there are plenty more of these A-holes around the world to blame & alot of them are right here in the U.S.

So the revolutionary patriots (which is what I call ANY faction or culture that is ready & willing to die for their country & their independance) of Egypt have set something in motion that started to boil years ago thru out the middle east, regardless the outcome I will still applaud a society that within its OWN borders says "Enough" & rises up to the tyranny that apparently has been since Sadat was assasinated & Mubarak was put into place with his 30+ years of marshal law....;)

15. Feb 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    well, you did volunteer to join a gov. organization that carries the chance of you getting shot in some foreign country instead of me so I'll thank you for that bro'....;)

:notsure:

16. Feb 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    Who's next?
    Any of us could be. When we see through the veil and realize the sham we're all being sold, Anarchy may reach anywhere. Bring it. Its long overdue.
    We should each be more concerned about our own actions and leave others to live and let die.
    I am grateful for any who fight for their (own) beliefs and salute the efforts of the down-trodden. But be careful what you wish for - you just may get it.

17. Feb 24, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW-VA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra w/ TRD 5,7L V8 4x4
    Addressing the concerns regarding oil prices - traders price in supply risk, and the Suez Canal is in Egypt and thus beholden unto geopolitical risk in Egypt. The risk hypothesis is corroborated by the surge in gold, but relative weakness in other commodities. Gold is seen as the ultimate safe haven, so its spike could not be explained by the halo effect.

It does not help matters either that Saudi reserves are likely overstated by 40% (Wikileaks), and that if supply is disrupted in both Libya and Algeria, oil could go to $200/barrel (Nomura).

Finally, oil is priced in dollars, and the dollar has been weaker than a wet noodle, as seen not only by the dollar index, but also by the gold price. I see worse ahead due to the incompetence of the US regime.

18. Feb 24, 2011 at 4:53 AM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l

19. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    Graham

Graham Pay it Forward

Member:
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Black V6 6 speed manual
    "The muslim brotherhood arent just some neighborhood church down the street that wants "The light of Christ to be felt by all"

"They were sympathetic to the nazis and distributed copies of Mein Kampf and the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. They oppose equal rights for women. Their motto is: "Allah is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations"

Im sorry buy I dont want these clowns assuming any leadership in such a key part of the world.

My sentiments exactly!

20. Feb 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Unless of course it would add to a PR nightmare at that time as was the case when millions of barrels were spilling into the Gulf.

Then the strategy is to eat it for about 6 months or so until it leave the Public's consciousness, and then filter it in gradually.

Products Discussed in

To Top