1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OLD MAN EMU BP-51 vs KING SHOCKS WITH RESI

Discussion in 'New Members' started by hellaflushca, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Mar 19, 2017 at 8:59 PM
    hellaflushca

hellaflushca [OP] @truck_norriz

Member:
    So I've been drooling on the internet looking at a new mid travel set up for months. Building for the future I guess! I have a 2016 DCSB limited turd gen.

There's plenty of literature on King shocks and it looks like it's on the top of my list, but I've also seen a lot of good things about OME BP-51. I haven't found any comparisons online, but the consensus seems to be KINGS FTW. Anyone have any info or advice on it?

My truck is will be used for a lot of camping trips/over landing. In the future I want an aluminum front bumper and maybe a tire carrier in the back eventually. I just want suspension I can rely on and not feel like I should have gotten something else in that price point. I do easy to medium trails. No rock crawling

Currently on a crappy pro comp lift because I couldn't wait to lift the truck.

Any help would be great !

2. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:08 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    King or gtfo

ODNAREM and hellaflushca [OP] like this.
  3. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:10 PM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
  4. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
    hellaflushca

hellaflushca [OP] @truck_norriz

Member:
  5. Mar 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom, LRGRNR

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    If you want to be cool and have customized travel get Kings. If you want to keep to stock travel get BP51s and dakars.

ODNAREM and hellaflushca [OP] like this.
  6. Sep 8, 2019 at 9:06 PM
    fairfaxtaco

fairfaxtaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    blank slate
    So, what did you end up going with? I have been doing my fair share of research, and I am really considering the OME BP-51? Any thoughts?

Nateclimb likes this.
  7. Jul 16, 2020 at 10:44 AM
    Dayman Karate

Dayman Karate Fighter of the night man, champion of the sun

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB SR5
    King extended coilovers with adjusters ARB front locker, factory rear e-locker VIAIR dual 444C compressors, custom mounting plate 4.88 gears with solid spacers OME Dakar Heavies minus a leaf 2.5* pinion shims Extended rear brake lines JBA UCAs ECGS bushing Modified ARB Deluxe Bumper and fogs Brute Force HC rear bumper and sliders Homemade skids IPF 968 Driving Lights Add on fuse/relay box on custom mounting plate Warn VR Evo 8 Winch cab mount chop fender trim etc. for 35's Custom fender liners Cowl intake Level 8 MK6 16x8, -10 offset sans sway bar CarPlay/Android Auto ported 12” sub behind back seats JBL components in front, Kicker in rear front facing "trail cam" to see pixels better Chinese aftermarket grill to increase off-road performance 1000 fold
    I have this exact question. Leaning towards the BP-51 since they seem more adjustable. If I were wheeling over 35mph I would be more inclined to purchase kings. Anxious to hear anyone’s experience with both...

Products Discussed in

To Top