1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Old member leaving...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by topdec, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nov 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM
    topdec

topdec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guys,

I did the unthinkable...I traded in the Taco.

My truck served me very well. I couldn't have built my basement without it, and it was so convenient to pick up just about anything on my way home. I will truly miss it.

My wants have changed though. I'm a track-day motorcyclist that needs a cure for my need for speed during the winter months. So I traded for a CPO 2008 335xi. Not that the Taco isn't agile. I just wanted something for the occasional need for spirited driving. For hauling stuff, I'm going to have to depend on my wife's Sienna to pull my fold-able 4x8 trailer.

The last great thing my truck did for me was save me some money on the car purchase. The trade-in value for the Taco is just ridiculously high. Plus the dealership gave me the KBB price for a vehicle rated as 'very good'.

I will truly miss this wonderful site. Thank you to all those who have helped me in the past...continue helping each other out dudes.

2. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    You don't have to leave just because you don't own the Tacoma anymore. I know deep in your heart will always be a soft spot for a Tacoma, and when you miss it you can always come back here...:cool:

3. Nov 23, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    geoff06

geoff06 261k and counting

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '01 PreRunner Xcab lifted
    3" lift, Bilstein 5100/OME coilovers, rear AAL, Swiss camper shell, Rough Country 9000 rear shocks, 265/75/16 AT's on stock steel rims painted black, All-Pro 1.5"F/1.25"R wheel spacers, airbox elbow mod, Flowmaster Super 44, Davico post-cat, I took off my DIY angle iron bed/light bar!, bed wheel well shovel-mount, blacked out grill emblem, Poineer DEH-P3900 head unit, Alpine Type R front component speakers, Pioneer Coaxial rears, Dynamat in door panels, scratchbuilt aluminum holders for my ipod nano and phone, and for some reason, I painted the headlight fillers black...
    No, don't leave! You can always put in your $.02 of advise/recommendations for people that need it...:notsure:

4. Nov 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    No need to leave. I'm driving a Chevy and I haven't been kicked out... yet :spy:

5. Nov 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I'm new here, have had several Tacomas and I bet you as one of the "old" guys can add to this forum.

On a side note, the 335xi is a great ride. When I visit the parents, who don't live in the same part of the country as I, I'm always stuck driving the 335xi...I hate it but, only because I can't justify buying another car and I'm not going without a hauler....

6. Nov 23, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    R o C C o 5 7

R o C C o 5 7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    Pro Comp 6" lift.Icon Coilovers,Total Chaos UCAs,Magna Flow muffler,N Fab step bars,front windows titnt
    Newb here.I say for as long as you've been a member here;You have the key to the city or in this case TACOMA WORLD!!! Stop by any time I'm sure you'll be welcomed.

7. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    topdec

topdec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks a lot for not kicking me out :)

I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with the car. But given my history with vehicles, I'm sure I'll be shopping for another one in 3-5 years...hopefully for a Taco or a 4Runner.

8. Nov 24, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Post pics of this new ride.

No need to leave tho..stick around have a few laughs. :)

9. Nov 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    especially since you been a member for som long, your member number is only 3 digits!

Products Discussed in

To Top