1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

old school shaving

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nomad, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    nomad

nomad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    To get into it, I would say get a non adjustable safety razor. The adjustable ones leave to much room for user error for someone just getting started.

I too have an old Gillette safety razor that belonged to my grandfather (the best I can figure is it's been around since at least the 1920's). I use to watch him shave with it when I was a little kid. That's the main reason I took up this type of shaving. My advice to you would be to keep the grandfather's razor tucked away (to pass on to your kids) and get a new razor for yourself. Some day your razor may be the one being passed down. :thumbsup:

edit: Also, get the best brush you can afford. Quality makes a big difference. Pricier brushes lather better and the hairs are less likely to fall out. And don't get anything with a wood handle.

2. Nov 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    Thanks for the info! Where is the best place to find blades, razors and soap?

3. Nov 6, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    nomad

nomad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't know what's around you (as far as shaving type stores go), but I found the stuff easier online.

Visit a couple of shaving forums to get a feel for what soaps/ brushes/ razors you might want to try. The first post in this thread shows you what I'm currently using (and am happy with).

Products Discussed in

To Top