1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME/Bilstein Questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dstrobel, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Mar 19, 2018 at 9:52 AM
    dstrobel

dstrobel [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2012 White TRD Sport
    Bilstein 6112 and 5160, Dakar, SCS Stealth 6.
    I've been reading just about non-stop in Tacoma World trying to figure out which springs to order. I'm interested in the Headstrong OME/Bilstein package and I'm hoping someone can help me choose the right spring combination. I have a 2012 DCSB TRD Sport and bought it used with spacers front and rear to fit the 285/70R17's it has right now. I want to do a real suspension lift to clear the tires but don't know if I should go with the 885 springs or if the 884 would be enough.

Currently I have 2" spacers on the stock shock/spring in front and 1" blocks in the back. My current wheel center to wheel well is exactly 23" on all four wheels but I'd like to get the back end a little higher so it looks more normal. I don't have or plan on getting any heavy bumpers/winches/campers or anything like that but would need to haul some weight once in a while. I'm guessing I should get the medium Dakar leaf pack?

Also, right now my front wheel alignment seems to make the truck wonder on the road. Do you think I should also get the Light Racing UCA's? I'm guessing I need an alignment right now anyway.

I'm ready to order as soon as I figure out what exactly to order, so I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top