1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME lift kit performance for hard off road conditions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by robot, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Jul 31, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    robot

robot [OP] New Member

Member:
    boston
    Vehicle:
    '03 Ext Cab SR5
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie with trucks (and this forum) but i'm super pumped to bump up my '03 Ext cab 2-2.5'

I'd ideally go with a heavy duty coil over ( like a Icon setup) but can front the cash for a setup of that quality just yet

I am seriously considering going with the Old man Emu OME lift kit but i am concerned about when i take my truck down to baja and run it out to the surf how it will perform - i wont be loading much heavy stuff or towing anything - its my daily driver half the year then my baja/offroad adventure rig for the second half of the year-

the truck has 170,000 on it already and rides really loose and floaty because its so warn in ( i am assuming) and i do really like the easy ride as apposed to a really stiff suspension ( which i am trying to avoid)

Ive looked and looked for reviews on how the OME setup ACTUALLY performs when pushed hard thru desert conditions or just off-roading in general but just come up with people talking about 'paved road' driving and comparisons between other lift's of the budget end lift setups

anyone have any experience pushing the OME lifts to the limits? Id love to hear about how they actually perform as an offroad suspensions system and not JUST as a "lift option"

any comments would be super helpful
    thanks!

2. Jul 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Unless you're jumping or hitting severe bumps at very high speed I think you'll be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top