1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME lift lessons learned

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by abnranger80, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    abnranger80

abnranger80 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Waynesville NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    ARB Bumper, M8000 Warn, 6" Procomp lift, 17" procomp wheels, 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ, King Coilovers.
    So i ordered some 886's with shocks for front and year along with dakar pack. so i put them on and noticed front was 2 1/4 lower than the rear. Well i was ordering the add a leaf for the dakar pack so it would sag when i hauled my quad and said f*ck it and went against all the rules and got the toytec top plate thinking hey it will level it out a bit. well everything is on and wow is there a massive gap in rear fnder well and mickey thompson 285/70/r17 tires. It makes those tires look tiny. The front looks good but the drivers side is now 1/2 inch lower than the rest of truck and everything is installed identical and drivers side has trim packer and it rides like a wagon. So im taking that spacer off and no more good idea fairy for me and also if you get that add a leaf you better be hauling a truck bed full of concrete cause it takes massive amounts of weight to even move the truck down a millimeter my ltr-450 didnt even budge it and it weghs around 400lbs. hope this helps somebody. cause i didnt listen to the millions of tacoma world folk and now i paid.

2. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    I am glad you admitted that we were right... Spacers aren't made for comfort. :cool:

3. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    dakars are made to haul oz has a picture of his truck loaded to the gills with fire wood freaking awesome lol his looks like it didn't budge either.

Products Discussed in

To Top