1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME lift lessons learned

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by abnranger80, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    abnranger80

abnranger80 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Waynesville NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    ARB Bumper, M8000 Warn, 6" Procomp lift, 17" procomp wheels, 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ, King Coilovers.
    So i ordered some 886's with shocks for front and year along with dakar pack. so i put them on and noticed front was 2 1/4 lower than the rear. Well i was ordering the add a leaf for the dakar pack so it would sag when i hauled my quad and said f*ck it and went against all the rules and got the toytec top plate thinking hey it will level it out a bit. well everything is on and wow is there a massive gap in rear fnder well and mickey thompson 285/70/r17 tires. It makes those tires look tiny. The front looks good but the drivers side is now 1/2 inch lower than the rest of truck and everything is installed identical and drivers side has trim packer and it rides like a wagon. So im taking that spacer off and no more good idea fairy for me and also if you get that add a leaf you better be hauling a truck bed full of concrete cause it takes massive amounts of weight to even move the truck down a millimeter my ltr-450 didnt even budge it and it weghs around 400lbs. hope this helps somebody. cause i didnt listen to the millions of tacoma world folk and now i paid.

2. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D44/Ford 9"
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    I am glad you admitted that we were right... Spacers aren't made for comfort. :cool:

3. Jul 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    dakars are made to haul oz has a picture of his truck loaded to the gills with fire wood freaking awesome lol his looks like it didn't budge either.

To Top