1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

open carry

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by beastlytaco, Jul 3, 2008.

1. beastlytaco

beastlytaco [OP] This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma standard cab
    15% tinted back window, 25% on sides. Jardine catback exhaust system. horn modification, AFE pro dry S filter and secondary filter removed. All weather toyota tacoma mats.
    does any one practice open carry. its illegal in some states but legal in others

2. jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    yeah, i heard its legal in NC, but i've never seen anyone actually do it. Some guys at work were saying they knew people that did

3. brkin_th_habt

brkin_th_habt Gunny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Eclipse AVN-6620 w/iPod/HDRadio/Rear Camera
    Its legal to open carry in Virginia and I do so almost everyday... even though I have a concealed permit sometimes its good to ensure people know you are armed.

4. Brunes

Brunes abides. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    On the flip side- If someone knows you are carrying- You become an instant target.

It's worth thinking about long and hard about what you want to accomplish by carrying a weapon (I'm a CCW holder in FL).
    If you want to be able to protect yourself- Concealed carry might be a better option because you have the element of surprize.

5. tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    i carry open on a daily basis...HOWEVER...its illegal for the regular citizen to do so in this state in most places

i prefer when im carrying open as to concealed...i can draw a HELLUVA lot quicker

6. bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    I wish open carry were legalized in Texas.

However I'd probably still carry concealed, since I prefer to have the advantage of surprise.

7. Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Lifetime LED 70W headlights 10-8-14 (set #2) Sylvania Silverstar fogs, front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge...
    I have a CPL in Washington and we cannot (that I know of) open carry. I love the looks from people when I am getting in or out of my Tacoma and they see me getting my pistol out of the center console. People are wierd like that around here though.

-Dan

8. 007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SE 4WD
    Yes and Yes. :)

9. argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    I open carry on my farm. I carry concealed everywhere else as it's illegal to do it here unless it's on your private property (with a few other exceptions, such as that for our LEO friend Tigerfan00).

To Top