1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinion on a stituation.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Bearskill, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    First off, I am deployed right now. I am 100% supporting the fam back home. I am also paying off our combined debt by my self. Im also paying my wifes car payment. She had to quit her job to do this interm thing for her degree. K. Without asking me or telling me or even a peep about it, she just went out and bought a $1300 Mac Lap Top with her student loans. Should I be pissed?

2. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    hell yeah. but after the anger goes away be happy. macs are the shit. no viruses. and fast as shit. i've had my imac for 2 years and still fast as hell. but thats not cool. without a peep

3. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You should maybe tell her you would have liked to be in on the desision making process.

4. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    does the school she going to require she have a specific computer. i know my aunt teaches radio and media but her students are required to have one of a very few laptops on a list they are given most of them are macs.

5. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    baildavc

baildavc TREADING LIGHTLY!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Jasper, AL
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 white DC OR
    3 inch lift, 33's, bull bar, debadged, windows tinted, direct wired power inverter, blacked out front emblem,
    Understandable to be upset, just don't dwell on it, express your unhappiness with her hasty(trendy) decision. At least you will have a mac to play with when you get back.

6. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM
    ilovetacos

ilovetacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gavin
    Sacramento/Woodland
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    Sold!
    If it is bugging you I would say something to her just don't make it a big deal. My wife and I have set a spending limit on what we can buy without asking each other. It has definetely worked out and we rarely argue about money anymore.

7. Oct 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM
    testedone

testedone Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    I would let it go...My wife had someone shoot (with a rifle) through our window (kitchen) while I was deployed last year, she told me about it in a letter 3 months after it happened because she wanted me to keep my head straight...

Keeping your head glued on straight is the best bet, we lost 4 guys and 1 to a suicide because he let his wife back home get to him (not saying your suicidal) but just let it go man...it's for school....

Stay safe and head on a swivel...

8. Oct 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well we had an agreement that anything over $100 we had to ask each other. I didn't freak out on her, I just kind of did the "well thats nice. ha ha ha." thing. I think Im going to stay calm and just tell her she has to pick up her car payment till I get OUR credit card bill paid off. IDK. Im just blah. Thanks for the support.:eek:

9. Oct 6, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    I can tell you one thing though. When I get home and order my OME Dakar springs, If she even makes a peep about it Im going to go Capitan Kanguroo on her!:rolleyes:

10. Oct 6, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    JAK3

JAK3 O.G.

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    O.C.
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab
    tint
    just tell her she has to let you put it in her butt now :p

11. Oct 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    None of this would be that big a deal, but Im getting out of the USAF in 5 months. In a month we will be debt free except for our vehicles. Trying to save every penney because it's going to be tight for about 3-6 months till I get the G.I. Bill going and get into school myself.

12. Oct 7, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    did she already have a laptop? did she need that specific one for school?

Products Discussed in

To Top