1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions Needed - Extang vs. Lund

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Turdburglar, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    So I'm in the market for a tri-folding tonneau cover. I've got it narrowed down to an Extang Trifecta and a Lund Genesis. Both will have the cheaper vinyl cover and are around the same price. Any opinions on if one is better than the other???

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Sport MGM with ARE Cap
    But I can't compare it to the Lund, never saw one in action. The Trifecta was simple to install, simpler to remove, everything it is advertised to be.
    Autoanything has great pricing, and a couple weeks ago had a 10% discount and free shipping. Mine arrived on third day after a near midnight order. A local cap and cover dealer quoted me over $100 more and a week for ordering the same top.

I'd be interested in a comparo myself, but I am happy with my Trifecta.

3. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I'll second what Jere said. I have had my Trifecta since March 2007. It is the black vinyl one and has held up & worked perfectly in harsh Vermont winter (heavy, 30"* snowfall, below zero temps). Its been taken on and off so many times in the last 3 years and no issues or water leakage whatsoever. It still works like the day I put it on. Easy to take care of too with either Aero303 or JustOnce vinyl dressing.

As far as the Lund, I have no experience with that brand, the Extang is what was recommended to me & would pass that on to other folks too.

4. Sep 9, 2010 at 3:51 AM
    Nightfury

Nightfury Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Factory running boards, Toyota (DeeZee built) toolbox, Code Alarm 5152 remote starter, Bronze TRD rims, more to come....
    If you really want to go with the best tonneau money can buy, from my research Torza Top is the brand to go with. Check them out here. I have heard they are tough enough to stand on, though a $400 soft tonneau can be a little much to swallow.

It is the brand I intend to go with once I get a tool box and some freed up cash.

But, to answer your question as you asked it, I'd lean towards the Extang. Until I saw one in person, I was planning on going with an Extang Full Tilt on my Tacoma.

5. Sep 11, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    Bogard

Bogard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I recently put the Lund Genesis on my 09 DC. It was simple to install, fit nicely, is easy to operate, and simple to remove completely. It allows my bed extender to pivot without a problem. I really have no negatives to report. I did try the a roll up cover but did not like the tracks that had to be mounted over the accessory rails. The tri-fold fits my needs much better. I can not compare the Lund to the other brand you are looking at but can say the Lund seems to be a nicely made product for the money.

Here is a pic of the cover on my 09

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top