1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions needed... Pioneer 4300DVD or AVIC-X920BT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by azgunrunner, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jul 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    azgunrunner

azgunrunner [OP] A guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy...

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Sport
    ADS 2.5, Dakar leaf springs KMF sliders CBI Ditch light mounts, DD SS3 pods Bumpers pending OBA pending
    I'm thinking about getting either a Pioneer P4300DVD or a AVIC-X920BT. The biggest difference that I can tell is that the 920 has Navi, which isn't that important to me. But I'm able to get the 920 for about 75 bucks more.

Just can't decide which to get.. looking for opinions...

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    RI Tacoma

RI Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phx sometime soon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB
    OME 885's, Derped FJ TRD Wheels, Hankook Dynapro's ATM 265/75/16's, Retro's, WeatherTech Liners, Fog Light Mod, Bak Flip F-1, N-Fab Steps, 20% Tint, complete stereo, heated mirrors, Katzkin seats!!
    I bought the X920BT and love it.

The P4300DVD does not have blue tooth either, it requires a separate adapter which runs $150(I think). So for an extra $75 you get Nav and Bluetooth, so for me it was a no brainier.

3. Jul 11, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    gov875

gov875 WahooTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCLB
    Wet Okole's (front & rear), Weathertech Floormats (front & rear), cheap tailgate theft mod, extra d-rings, low profile toolbox (flat black), Thule Roof Rack (58" load bars), Thule Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack, Blacked Out Badges, Fishing Bobber Trailer Ball Cover, AVIC-X930BT w/ XM & steering controls, 5100s All Around (front set at .85), Eibach Coils, Rear TSB, rear AAL, LR UCAs, Toytec Diff. Drop, Mudflap Delete, Tailgate Reinforcement, Spidertrax (all 4), 285 Nittos, Rear Diff Breather Extension, TRD Exhaust, Powered Rear Sliding Window, DeeZee Bedmat, rear-view anytime mod, trailer bracket relocate, fog light anytime mod, redline hood struts, Satoshi with Homertaco Custom TRD Mesh, Hella 500s behind the grill, Brighter Reverse Lights
    installed the 920 the other day and love it. bluetooth works good and the navi is a nice to have for sure. still going to wire in the steering wheel controls and backup cam.

for 75 bucks definitely get navigation, that's cheaper than most standalone units are.

4. Jul 11, 2011 at 5:39 AM
    fishntaco

fishntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Streak DCLB Prerunner Sport
    If you can get the avic for 75 more than the 4300 I believe your decision is made for you. The avic has many more features.

5. Jul 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    azgunrunner

azgunrunner [OP] A guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy...

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB Sport
    ADS 2.5, Dakar leaf springs KMF sliders CBI Ditch light mounts, DD SS3 pods Bumpers pending OBA pending
    Thanks all... I'm going shopping...

Products Discussed in

To Top