1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on Glockworld.com

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Turdburglar, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Dec 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    So I'm in the market for a Glock and am doing some research online. I came across glockworld.com and discovered they sell Glocks MUCH cheaper than Bass Pro or Gander Mountain or any other respectable store...like $100 or so cheaper! So it got me wondering, are they on the up and up? Are these new pistols they sell? I don't know a ton about hand guns, only how to fire and safely handle them (I've been a hunter all my life).

2. Dec 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    Dirttaco21

Dirttaco21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    tukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 trd
    never bought any guns from them but have bought alot of accessories from them with no problems

3. Dec 10, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I have never bought a gun from them, but have got accessories form them. My complaints are that they take three or four days to ship because most items are kept at an off-site warehouse, and their ammo is waaaaay over priced.

And regarding their gun prices, I looked at buying a G27 from them, but once you pay shipping and the FFL fee to your local shop where it is shipped to, you don't save enough to make it worth it. The shop I frequent was selling the G27 for $65 more than glockworld.

Edit: My post might have come off negative. I still order stuff from them like trigger connectors, magazines, recoil springs, etc. I was just trying to point out some of the negatives (IMO) of doing business with them.

4. Dec 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    SUPMO72

SUPMO72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM Reg 4x4 5spd
    OEM Fog Lights, Tailgate Lock, Color matched OEM Grill, GT seat covers, Undercover bed cover, OEM back up camera
    By the time you get it shipped to your FFL of choice and pay tax and shipping price will be real close to just buying local..

5. Dec 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    You may want to speak with your local FFL as it is possible they are also a gun dealer. My FFL was a dealer for many gun stores so he could get just about any gun for a cheap price. And he runs his shop out of his garage.

My G19 ended up being ~$500 with taxes/shipping/FFL (FFL waived since I bought through him).

6. Dec 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i just registered!

i am obesesive. anything new, i learn everything! glockworld looks to be a great resource.

7. Dec 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    funny. they have a "sticky" post forbidding any more threads about Zombies..hahahahh.

8. Dec 13, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    tommelleo22

tommelleo22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Castle, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport off road
    Yellow Fogs kicker cvr 10's alpine ivaw205 head unit, leveling kit
    Yea and when buying guns from gander, cabelas , or bass pro you should just opt for a local dealer or a known small dealer because typically all gun manufacturers not specifically make lower quality guns from those manufacturers but they produce so many for those big name companies sometimes the craftsmanship and quality can differ so for the price they want you are a lot better dealing with your local shop or another dealer in your area that specifies in guns that doesn't get MASS amounts of them at one time. Not saying to not buy guns from those types of stores just that you're better off. My uncle is a gunsmith and i've been around guns my whole life so just sharing my knowledge.

Products Discussed in

To Top