1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ordering New SNUGTOP

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MR. GRUMPY, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    MR. GRUMPY

MR. GRUMPY [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    PHOENIX
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA PRERUNNER TRD
    Researched all the different caps, LEER, A.R.E., SNUGTOP. Went to the dealer here in Phoenix to price a SNUGTOP [ which is OEM for Toyota's ] and didn't think I wanted to pay up to 2 grand or more to get what I wanted with SNUGTOP and was going to settle for a LEER, SNUGTOP has a $100.00 coupon for the month of October, so the retail price is 1,699 plus any add ons, this dealers price is 1,499 plus the $100 off, so now 1,399, I added on the extra's like rug liner on inside cap which comes with the dome light, $80. Front slider window, $40., and I am getting a fishing rod holder installed in the inside ceiling, $30. Total $1,549 installed. He was right that I could get all the extras for close to the same price as a LEER. Now thats Only In America boy's. Canada is put'n the screws to those guy's up there who want a SNUGTOP.

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    MR. GRUMPY

MR. GRUMPY [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    PHOENIX
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA PRERUNNER TRD
    Also I forgot to mention, JFYI. This dealer talk me out of paying the extra money to put in a drop down slider front window for more money, he said most people never use it that much after they get it. I told him I didn't want it any way, I just wanted the slider so my wife and I can talk to our LAB Barney when he's in the back. Also he talked me out of getting the slider screens, he said the plastic runners they slide in give out in a couple of years. So he told me to save my money and stay with the standard sliding windows which come with full screens built in all the way across. One honost SOB, I am going to order mine next week for my black 2005 Tacoma, long bed. OH YEAH life is good

3. Oct 5, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Before you order you might want to reconcider getting the front drop down slider. I've got the SnugTop SuperSport and having the drop-down slider is really benificial for cleaning the windows...there's no room inbetween the truck and the canopy to clean otherwise.

4. Oct 5, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    MR. GRUMPY

MR. GRUMPY [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    PHOENIX
    Vehicle:
    05 TACOMA PRERUNNER TRD
    Appreciate your thought on that but not to worried bout a little dirt on my window, I got a pressure washer to get enough of the dirt off the window for me. My last truck had a camper shell and never did use the back window much when driving, just need them trusty old side mirrors my friend, have been a truck driver for 30 years now. Your side mirrors are your best friend. Don't care who's behind me, just who's in the lane next to me. Have a great day and again thanks for the forthought

Products Discussed in

To Top