1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon camping trip 2020 ideas

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Toywoodsguy82, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Toywoodsguy82 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    Ok I want to pick some brains here.

I’m trying to plan a week long camping trip with me and 4 other people (none of which are on here)in the summer/fall of 2020. The original thought right now is to start somewhere in southern oregon like diamond lake and spend a couple of days in each location while heading north. We all have capable rigs for dirt roads but I know one of the 5 of us will be towing an RPOD. We all love fishing and have personal fishing boats (kayaks and float tubes) so where ever we go must have fishing.

With that said what are some spots you guys like going to or think would be good spots to look at?? If you don’t want to give up your spots to everyone on TW I understand and you can PM me. Trying to stay in the cascades or just over the hills in central oregon.

Thanks in advance

Merlin88 likes this.
  2. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:47 PM
    Merlin88

Merlin88 $8.95 large hawaiian

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver SR5 V6 4x4 DCSB AT
    SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10k Wireless Winch N-Fab Rock Rails w/Removable Steps Fab Fours Premium Rear Bumper RCI Engine Steel Skid RCI Transfer Case Steel Skid RCI Transmission Steel Skid RCI Crossmember Steel Skid RCI Fuel Tank Steel Skid Pop & Lock Auto Tailgate Lock Decked Short Bed Storage System ARB OME BP-51 2” Lift Kit with ARB OME BP-51 w/adj res coil overs ARB OME BP-51 w/adj res rear shock ARB OME Differential Drop Kit SPC UCA’s w/adj Ball Joints OME Dakar Heavy Duty Leaf Packs BFG AT KO2 T/A 285/70/17 tires Ultra’s Maverick 235 17x8 wheels Full Size Matched Spare Thule TracOne Ladder Rack Toyota Matte Black Grille Smoked Amber Raptor Grille Lights Matte Black Emblems Toyota Chrome Exhaust Tip-blackout Bed Rug Tailgate Mat Optima Red Top 35 Weather Tech Side Vent Shades Weather Tech Laser Fit Floor Mats CoverKing Neosupreme Seat Covers Sabellco Tailgate Lock RedLine Quick Hood Lift Elite Subaru Tweeter’s JDMCAR liners Cupeez Scratch Protectors

Lost Creek Lake, Lake of the Woods, Fish Lake, Fourmile Lake, Lemolo Lake are a few in the area of Diamond Lake. Fourmile is the most difficult to access.

bfaris1 likes this.
  3. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:52 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Body Armor front and rear bumpers Method 703 Wheels Falken wildpeak AT3’s Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit
    Thanks for some ideas to look into... Ill also ask my uncle about those places as he used to work for USFS down there

Merlin88[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:54 PM
    Merlin88

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10k Wireless Winch N-Fab Rock Rails w/Removable Steps Fab Fours Premium Rear Bumper RCI Engine Steel Skid RCI Transfer Case Steel Skid RCI Transmission Steel Skid RCI Crossmember Steel Skid RCI Fuel Tank Steel Skid Pop & Lock Auto Tailgate Lock Decked Short Bed Storage System ARB OME BP-51 2” Lift Kit with ARB OME BP-51 w/adj res coil overs ARB OME BP-51 w/adj res rear shock ARB OME Differential Drop Kit SPC UCA’s w/adj Ball Joints OME Dakar Heavy Duty Leaf Packs BFG AT KO2 T/A 285/70/17 tires Ultra’s Maverick 235 17x8 wheels Full Size Matched Spare Thule TracOne Ladder Rack Toyota Matte Black Grille Smoked Amber Raptor Grille Lights Matte Black Emblems Toyota Chrome Exhaust Tip-blackout Bed Rug Tailgate Mat Optima Red Top 35 Weather Tech Side Vent Shades Weather Tech Laser Fit Floor Mats CoverKing Neosupreme Seat Covers Sabellco Tailgate Lock RedLine Quick Hood Lift Elite Subaru Tweeter’s JDMCAR liners Cupeez Scratch Protectors
    Sounds like a great trip!

5. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:56 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    It should be. We plan on spending a couple of days at each place trying to finish our trip somewhere in the Mt hood national forest

6. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:58 PM
    Bishop84

Bishop84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I camped in Oregon 3 separate nights as we did the coast on the way to SF, some of the best weather and scenery I've ever experienced. Can't remember a single location haha.

Merlin88 likes this.
  7. Nov 27, 2019 at 8:59 PM
    Merlin88

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Sweet!

8. Dec 1, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Hey @Merlin88 do you know what the fishing and camping is usually like at Odell in the summer/fall?

Merlin88 likes this.
  9. Dec 1, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    Merlin88

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Howdy,

I’ve never fished up there but my son used to work/live up around there and has. Heard its a great early season lake for jigging mackinaw and kokanee, some state record lake trout have came out of that lake.

Haven’t camped up there but my son says the west bay the is the most sheltered from the wind and there’s good camping on the south end out at Princess Creek?

My father in law and son fished up there years ago for the lake trout and I believe they used to have a bonus Kokanee limit on top of the trout limit, not sure if thats still in effect though.

Good luck!

10. Dec 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Thanks for that. Are you mostly a deep southern Oregon guy? I don’t wanna keep bothering you with questions the farther north I go.

11. Dec 1, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    Merlin88

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No worries! Yes, mostly in the Rogue River Basin, but glad to help out!

12. Dec 1, 2019 at 12:03 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Copy that.... the uncle should be plenty of info for that area as he worked for the FS in the rogue and Siskiyou National forests.

13. Dec 1, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    Merlin88

Member:
    Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Yep, my wife is a travel consultant for Travel Oregon and VCB’s throughout Oregon developing travel itineraries for euro and asian travelers, so I have a ton of info for the region.

14. Jan 15, 2020 at 3:52 PM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    Well I think we have narrowed it down to spending some time at Fall River campground and diamond lake. Fall River campground gives us a base camp spot to go checkout other fishing spots in the area that are close

15. Jan 16, 2020 at 11:07 AM
    kmorgan3

kmorgan3 Redside Electric, LLC | VLEDS

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 Premium | RAM 1500
    Rogue Elk or any campground on the upper Rogue. Fly fishing paradise. Continue on up the Crater Lake Highway and explore all the other streams - you won't regret it.

Toywoodsguy82[OP] likes this.
  16. Jan 16, 2020 at 11:22 AM
    sabasarge

sabasarge Well-Known Member

Member:
    central Columbia Gorge
    Vehicle:
    2020 Sport AC MT cement
    Working on that
  17. Jan 21, 2020 at 2:11 AM
    Dor

Dor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    '18 MB ACLB TRD-OR
    I grew up camping and hunting around Davis Lake every fall. Used to be a trout lake, but from what I understand it has some killer bass fishing now. Haven't been there since '08, but there are a couple of killer campsites outside the established campgrounds on the north side of the lake that I'm sure are still there if you don't mind driving a few minutes from camp to put the boat in.

https://www.gaiagps.com/public/mrj2bGpQUPaROjqhTOZJdO0G/?layer=SatelliteWithLabels

18. Jan 21, 2020 at 6:49 AM
    Toywoodsguy82

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver DCSB TRDOR
    thanks I’ll look into that

To Top