1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead Digital Compass & Temperature Display

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jimh, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    jimh

jimh [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4X4
    I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4-door PU. It did not come with the Overhead Digital Compass and Temperature Display. I have found a used overhead console housing that will hold the Overhead Digital Compass and Temperature Display. My PU has a 5-pin connector in the roof area. If I purchase the Overhead Digital Compass and Temperature Display part #83290-04011 will it work in my PU?

2. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    jimh

jimh [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4X4
    Temperature sensor is installed between front of radiator and grill. Why disconnect battery? Is this done before hooking unit up?

3. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    Temp sensor being there is irrelavant as the 2009+ models all use one for A/C system efficiency. It has been discussed in many threads so search and read people's experiences.

It comes down to that if you have a 4 cyl you need to run another temp sensor and wires no matter what as the A/C circuit is tied to the temp senor and doesn't provide temp logic. With V6 if the console is from proper year the shouldn't have an issue. People have gotten the 2008 and under overhead consoles to work using various techniques.

Products Discussed in

To Top