1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead DVD Players

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by pb4ugotobed, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Apr 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a couple overhead DVD systems for sale. I'm not going to use them, and perhaps someone here could. They're both brand new. One is an old unit VOD705. These were in a lot of the older sienna's and sequoia's. Like many electronic items, eventually something breaks. Here is the problem, most newer units have a much smaller mounting footprint than the older ones, leaving you with 2 options. Either make some sort of ugly trim panel to cover the extra hole in the headliner, or replace the headliner. This will bolt right up in to the existing bracket and have you back on the road in no time. Or if you're creative, you can flush mount this in a headliner with no trim ring (or build a trim plate for it) for a fresh install. I only have the unit, power harness, and domelight harness for it. These things sell from LKQ used on ebay all the time for 125-150. I would like to get 150 for it OBO (it's new, not used like the LKQ ones from wrecked vehicles).

I also have an Advent (made by audiovox) unit. This is an adv29 8.5" overhead with DVD player, headphones, remote, and it has built in video games! This is essentially the same thing as the audiovox vod850 which usually sells on ebay for about 350 plus shipping. This is also brand new and comes with everything in the picture. I bought this for our van, which consequently got totalled in our driveway by a drunk driver before I got to install it. Asking 350 plus shipping.

Anyone who has dealt with me on here in the past knows that I'm a good guy to deal with, gets stuff shipped out quickly, and am willing to work with you to make a deal. I'm not going to use it, and hate to see it just sitting in my garage taking up space.

IMG_0671 small.jpg
    IMG_0669 little.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top