1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oxidation or spotting?

Discussion in 'PrInSu Design Studio' started by USATacomaNRussia, May 29, 2017.

1. May 29, 2017 at 6:03 PM
    USATacomaNRussia

USATacomaNRussia [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Texan working in Russia
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB Silver TRD Sport
    Undercover hwms winch mount airflow snorkel Stokrat 12k winch w/ synthetic rope 2.5" OME suspension front and back 886s+ dakar spring pack 2" body lift (gasp) ARB diff breather kit ARB rear air locker 16", -19mm offset cheapo wheels 305/70r16 mud tires Prinsu roof rack homemade sliders Cab mount chop + pinch weld beating + trimming storkrat rooftop tent
    Looking for advice on how to improve/seal/refurb the weathered looking Prinsu rack. I live in Far East Russia, so the climate is rough. IMG_1966.jpg

2. May 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM
    zscott

zscott Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Mine gets spotted like there here in Utah after driving on salty roads all winter. I have found that scrubbing bubbles household cleaner works well to remove it. I take the rack off the truck in the spring, spray the side pieces and wind deflector with scrubbing bubbles and let it soak for a few minutes and then wipe it clean. Then I usually wipe the whole thing with amor all wipes. Keeps it in tip top shape for the year until winter does its damage again.

Not sure why it gets that way. I have the same powder coat finish on my bumper and it doesn't get that way. I think that the salt gets flipped up onto the rack more in on the wet roads.

3. May 29, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    USATacomaNRussia

USATacomaNRussia [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Texan working in Russia
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB Silver TRD Sport
    Undercover hwms winch mount airflow snorkel Stokrat 12k winch w/ synthetic rope 2.5" OME suspension front and back 886s+ dakar spring pack 2" body lift (gasp) ARB diff breather kit ARB rear air locker 16", -19mm offset cheapo wheels 305/70r16 mud tires Prinsu roof rack homemade sliders Cab mount chop + pinch weld beating + trimming storkrat rooftop tent
    Thanks!

4. May 31, 2017 at 6:58 AM
    bshammer0

bshammer0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Prinsu, TruckCovers USA, Coverking, OVTuned
    Get it cleaned up and keep Aerospace 303 on there. I'm probably overdoing it, but I wipe some fresh 303 on the deflector and side rails about once every week or 2. Bonus - it makes cleaning debris / bugs off much easier

Rambo54 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top