1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0101 error code on Taco 2011

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Erad, May 30, 2012.

1. May 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    Erad

Erad [OP] Member

Member:
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    '11 V6 4.0L
    Hey guys, ran into a problem here. I installed a 2nd gen trd cai (i know i know) last year on the truck with a 1000 miles on it. Truck was running fine, no error code after the installation. Now 9000 miles later, my maintenance light comes on for the oil change. Ok, no big deal right? I'll just take it in later. Then about 10 or so miles later, while driving on the highway the damn CEL came on along with the traction control light as well. I thought it might be related to the TRD intake. The driving performance of the truck hasn't changed, and nothing seemed different while driving the truck. Had the code checked at autozone, and it turns out to be a P0101 error code. I reset the CEL with OBDII scanner to see if it would come back, and sure enough 30 miles later, while drivin on the highway it did.

Any thoughts? I'm guessing it could be a dirty maf sensor, or just a bad sensor overall. Are the 2nd gen TRD cai known to throw error codes in relation to the maf sensor?

2. Dec 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    Mine is doing the same thing, but its spitting out the p0101, p0174, p0171 (lean mixture bank 1 and 2, and the 101=MAF sensor issues). I run a URD TCAI and figured that was the problem at first. Did some homework, and took off the MAF to check it...COVERED with dirt/debris. Which, after thinking back, I drove through the mountains twice, with snow, grim, salt on the roads. I remember it didnt trip the CEL until AFTER i made it thought the TN/NC mountains, explaining the MAF being so dirty. I got some CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner, the bulb is now brown, and wires are silver again haha, waiting for it to air dry, reinstall and get the CEL erased at OReilly's. Im assuming this will fix it, maybe it will help you out too man.

3. Feb 4, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    AZ hunter

AZ hunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kade
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB TRD OR
    Engine Mods: URD Cold Air Intake Interior Mods: Weathertech Floor Liners Exterior Mods: Plastidiped Emblems
    Did you have any luck getting this figured out? I also run a URD TCAI on my 2014 and had this same thing happen this week, but my cruise control quit working as well. I'm getting the same code.

Products Discussed in

To Top