1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PA15-Toy iPOD interface sound cuts out

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KRich, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Dec 21, 2008 at 12:09 PM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Not sure if this has been addressed or not. I just installed a USA Spec PA15-Toy iPOD adapter into my stock head unit with the 6 disc changer. It works great in the hybrid mode showing text and everything and sounds great. But after about 3-4 songs the sound will start periodically cutting out for a second. It seems to reset for a little bit if I disconnect and reconnect the iPOD from the dock connector but not for long. I did not touch any of the DIP switches but I am pretty sure it is set to the right setting for my truck (07 double cab tacoma). I guess that I might have to try the direct mode but I like it how it is besides the sound cutting out! Thanks for any help.

2. Dec 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    If all the connections are secure, it may be a defective unit.

3. Dec 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Depending on where you put the interface during the installation, you may of tugged or pushed on the pigtail that plugs into the back of the head unit. I don't have the 6 disc unit but it is the other factory unit. I took my interface and stuck it upside down. It's attached to the dashboard but upside down. (if you cut through the top of the dash, you be looking at the bottom of the interface) It seemed to be the best place to where I could push the head unit straight back in and not have anything in the way. The (pins) that you adjust to work with your IPod may have moved. I have mine set to where I can use the rca plugs so I can run my Sirius through the interface too.

One other thing....did you set your playlists to the setup that NEEDS to be done so the unit can read the playlist? You need to set the playlists to read exactly as it says.

Capital letters and all... Example is TOYOTA1-...
    Mine is set up as TOYOTA1-OldHeavystuff, TOYOTA2-Country, TOYOTA3-.....you get the idea. You get to set 6 playlists and then you have 7 as all IPod (no playlist code needed) and 8 is IPod direct where you can play what you want by selecting the song directly (pick what you want song by song) and 9 is for aux like your satellite radio.

Also, 1 thing I found is that it defaults to "random and repeat" once in a while. You'll see where that is highlighted by the underline under the Random and Repeat on the display. Push the button to make it appear or disappear.

Good luck

4. Dec 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably take the head unit out tomorrow and double-check everything. I actually have the usa-spec unit in my glovebox right now and just ran the cables to and from there. I have not set up the playlists yet and have been using the all ipod one (disc 7). I don't think that I have the option for the direct mode (the usa spec doc said that it may be disabled automatically with some ipods) and I cannot select disc 8. It is an interesting problem as it seems like it will go for an hour or two ok but then once it starts doing the pausing I can only reset it for a few songs before it starts up again.

Products Discussed in

To Top