1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit - pain in the....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gottaflyakite, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Dec 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    gottaflyakite

gottaflyakite [OP] Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab - 4x4 TRD Off Road SR5
    Ok - so today I picked up a used Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit retractable tonnaeu cover. It's a slightly different design then the current model in the bed rails. And the instructions are, well confusing. I got it on... but I know its not quite right as the tail end of the rails by the tailgate, are too high and are above the tailgate.

On each rail are 2 vertical sections of metal that appear that they should be between the mounting-rail and the clamps. But If I do that the space is too tight for the cover to move, and I can just barely get the bolts on (no space for washers). So I ended up moving the tonneau rails up /out some with the vertical parts resting on-top of the mounting rails. (which spreads the gap out by 1/2 inch but makes the tailgate end 1/2 too high).

So has anyone successfully done this? (or understand what I wrote - it's dark out no so pics, I'll get them another day.)

I am considering a couple of options:
    1) leave it - but it's not weather tight or secure
    2) Try again and ratchet it way down in hopes of making space
    3) 'adjust' the vertical metal bits (via hammer) (it looks like they are screwed in but I didn't see any adjustment)

Thoughts?

(btw - these are going on 2007 DB short bed)

Thanks,
    Gottaflyakite

2. Dec 11, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I installed one the other day on a Chevy. Did not have much of an issue after sliding the side into the big box up front.

A picture in this case is worth a thousand words cause I am having a hard time imagining what you are talking about.

The railing should be on the inside of the truck bed and the flat piece should be flat with the bedsides. The only "adjustments" that were sent with Chevy kit were little black pieces which were about 1/8" thick each.

Products Discussed in

To Top