1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting stock faceplate (advice?)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BeeRadd, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Jun 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    BeeRadd

BeeRadd [OP] ANTI-DARK

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Mag light mod, ABS Kill switch, On board air, tail-gate theft mod, Redline hood struts, Shovel mount, Rubberized undercoated frame, CB radio w/lil wil magnet antenna, LED interior light, Shocker 228 Train horns, black valence, fog lights anytime, black hood scoop, eyelids, anti-seatbelt chime hack, weathertechs,
    I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I've spent a bit of time today using the search.

I want to paint my stock radio faceplate (i have the JBL 6 disc) but I want to FULLY paint it, the knobs and buttons in all. The question I have is how have people been doing it without painting over the white part of the button that lets light through.

Also whats the best method for painting? You can't sand it because of the bumps ( i don't think ) has anyone used paint remover from a rattle can?

2. Jun 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    what color are you looking to do? if its black look for a base model radio, but those don't have the cd changer built in though.

3. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    BeeRadd

BeeRadd [OP] ANTI-DARK

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Mag light mod, ABS Kill switch, On board air, tail-gate theft mod, Redline hood struts, Shovel mount, Rubberized undercoated frame, CB radio w/lil wil magnet antenna, LED interior light, Shocker 228 Train horns, black valence, fog lights anytime, black hood scoop, eyelids, anti-seatbelt chime hack, weathertechs,
    Looking to go black, I have the 08 so it doesn't have as many crazy buttons as the 09+

Do you know if it's possible to switch out the actual cd changer with the faceplate?

Honestly I don't even use the damn 6 disc changer, If it wouldn't affect the sound quality going from a JBL header to a non JBL than I'd probably just say phuck it.

Products Discussed in

To Top