1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Park University offering FREE tuition after TA goes bye bye

Discussion in 'Military' started by RyanLikesTacos, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mar 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    RyanLikesTacos

RyanLikesTacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Charlotte, NC
    All, I started a thread a few days ago after TA goes bye bye for, what appears to be, all branches for FY13.

Park University in Parkville, MO (a suburb of Kansas City) is now offering FREE tuition to assist with the shaft we have been dealt. More information can be found here:

http://park.edu

The link is on the right of the page.

As for personal experience, I actually got my bachelors degree from Park. I went to their home campus but took classes while deployed online and a class at their campus center in Little Rock. The campus itself is a very small liberal arts campus with about 1,500 students, but they have over 20K students world wide, most of which are military. Campus centers are on every other Air Force base, that I'm aware of, and spreading to other branches. The quality of education is great, and they have a huge amount of online degree programs both in the 8 week and 16 week semester format. And before you ask, I don't work for Park University in any capacity (still in the chair force).

It's worth checking out if you are in a position that you want to continue your education and not having TA is a big issue. Additionally, if you're looking for an opportunity to start, Park is worth checking out.

Good luck fellas! Let me know if you have any questions about the school. As for the military scholarship, I don't know exact specifics but the application process looks extremely easy.

2. Mar 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    tencrawler

tencrawler I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
    Good looking out! Fortunately I was able to use the GI Bill for my Bachelors, and will finish my Masters this June using Vocational Rehab. I'm most likely headed on towards a PharmD program, and it looks like Voc Rehab is going to take care of that as well. I know it's only a matter of time before the reduce the benefits of those programs as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top