1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PARKER315 Build

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by Parker315, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Apr 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    Parker315

Parker315 [OP] Modding on a Budget | TTC Member #0127

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    Ok I’ll spill the beans this evening when I can just take some photos and a video with my phone lol

Hint: it’s got to do with my “Raptor” grill lights. Nothing crazy, just kinda cool.

ToyoDrew[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Apr 28, 2018 at 11:28 AM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    This ^ + this :goingcrazy:

3. May 1, 2018 at 10:53 AM
    TACO ALVY_24

TACO ALVY_24 Taco Alvy - Dark Knight Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hey Man - Finally getting around to ordering new low beams. Stuck between the Auxbeam F-16 or the F-S2. I'm assuming the F-16s are the way to go, just wondering your thoughts? (only saying this because the price difference).

4. May 1, 2018 at 10:56 AM
    Parker315

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    For the Low beams you will be MUCH better off getting the Hikari Phillips led bulbs. These preform better in the projector housing.

The F-16 will do good in the high beams or the fog lamps.

However F-16 over the F-S2

RobP62 likes this.
  5. May 2, 2018 at 5:54 AM
    TACO ALVY_24

TACO ALVY_24 Taco Alvy - Dark Knight Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the insight man!
    I'm gunna start with the F-16 then moves those to high beams on the next spending when I can grab those Hikarkis

Parker315[OP] and RobP62 like this.
  6. Feb 23, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    WeezyODU

WeezyODU Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Sport DCSB
    Awesome truck! I loved the way the Icon Rebounds look on your MGM, so I got some myself. Love what you've done.

Parker315[OP] and RobP62 like this.
  7. Feb 25, 2019 at 5:53 AM
    Parker315

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    Man, I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks alot sir. I lot of time on research has gone into my build. It's not the "BEST" but it's definitely the best budget friendly.

I still have some upgrades and changes I'd like to do, but I'm very happy with it. I think the only thing I'd love to have, or honestly what I need is the ovtune. After the lift and bigger tires, the constant shifting at highway speeds is rather annoying. It's hangs at or just above 3k rpm alot.

8. Jun 2, 2019 at 4:59 PM
    HappyHiker72

HappyHiker72 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    @Parker315 awesome truck! I am about to install a switch pros 9100 and I need to order the powertray. I see you went with the 4 circuit fuse block. I was wanting to go with the blue sea 6 circuit fuse block but I don't know if it will fit on the tray you have. I have to use the same tray you have because I have a '17 TRD Sport automatic. Do you think the blue sea 6 circuit fuse block will fit on that tray? Thanks in advance for your help.

Parker315[OP] likes this.
  9. Jun 10, 2019 at 12:35 PM
    Parker315

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    Ummmm yes I do believe it would. You can message the try manufacturer and double check though. I'm sure it will.

10. Sep 27, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    RobP62

RobP62 NVR20LD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Street, Md.
    Vehicle:
    TTC Member #0125
    To All Of You,

First and foremost, thank you all very much for your well wishes, concern and prayers. My wife and I appreciate this so much. I know that I’ve said this before but I have to say it again. You are the brothers and sisters I wish I was born with, and I will always consider you as such.

Sure, I joke around a lot, say dumb shit from time to time, and can generally blab on and on and that may seem like I just want to hear myself talk at times but what it means is that you all make just me feel so damn comfortable, it’s just easy to do. To be able share my good times and bad times.

In case you hadn’t heard, I was involved in a terrible accident this past Monday night on the way home from work. Thank God my wife Debbie took off that day. Unfortunately, we were discussing what we were going to have for dinner at that exact moment on the hands-free speakerphone built into the truck so she heard the entire thing. She also heard the aftermath of them freeing me from the overturned truck. Thank God again it was a newer Tacoma with the full air bag setup and Mobtown rock sliders. The truck went airborne and landed on the driver’s side. I feel like the sliders helped keep the side of the truck from crumpling more. Once I freed myself from my seatbelt I had to use my knife to deflate the airbags, then a great Samaritan, ex-military, helped me to pry open the passenger door and to climb out. It was a frantic experience because at the time fluids were running onto the hot engine and creating a lot of steam/smoke misinterpreted as fire. The entire time my phone was still on and my wife listening. I was transported to the hospital for my injuries and she had to drive past the still overturned truck. I did get the chance to finally talk to her to let her know I was going to the hospital and that I was not seriously injured.

When I got there they performed a couple chest xrays, a cat scan, a lot of poking and prodding, and finally x-rays of my right hand. As it turned out, besides the usual trauma, from seat belts and air bags, I also have a severely fractured 2nd metacarpal bone in my right hand from my knuckle to my wrist. It’s split nearly in half but not all the way. The operation this Tuesday will be with local anesthesia and a suture on the back of my hand and then screws to hold everything together while it heals.

I’ve been out of work all week taking pain/anti-inflammatory meds. My insurance company will handle everything and has assured me that the probability that the truck will be totaled is very high. I’m also gathering my receipts for all the aftermarket parts I added. Those will be covered as well.

I wish I could tell you more but that is all I know at this time. I will never forget that night, and the nightmares are intense, and will be with me for life. I haven’t slept much and will likely miss more work so I intend to limit my social media activity until this is over with, so I can concentrate on being strong for my wife and myself and try to recoup some of these lost hours if my company will allow it. I don’t want to exhaust the remainder of my vacation time recovering unless it’s absolutely required. Thank you all again, I know who reached out personally and will ultimately let you know personally. I'll be back. Until then please respect my wishes and save all your comments and questions until then. Thank you.

Love Y’all!
    Debbie & Rob

Parker315[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top