1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Parking lamps?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by racemybuick, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Nov 16, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    racemybuick

racemybuick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Hopatcong, NJ
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma SR5 lots of goodies finally
    K&N filters, 3" front lift toytec, aal with spacer in rear, bull bar, 4" tube steps, ecgs bushing successful!
    Hello all! Newbie on the boards... Im beating the heck out of myself and my truck right now... just got done reading all the TSBs on the info thread and I realized how many of these I have and Im totally screwed with the mileage... My truck is an 07 (bought it in March of 07), and my tailgate is trashed, my steering rattles, I used to get a slight noise in the window (until a rock fixed that, new windshield!), and so on so fourth...

My truck just hit 76K last week, and I was past 36K at about 18 months into ownership. I commuted 90 miles a day in NJ highway driving/traffic and all. So im waaaaay out for any tsb work...

So, aside from all that, I just found out today, none of my front parking lamps were working. The two corner marker lights were burned out, and the center parking lights next to the grill are out. blinkers work, and replacement blubs got the outer corners working, but nothing is getting power at the center bulbs for park... Again, the signal works, and every single other light is functioning properly... There are no park fuses, or at least I cant find one, and the grounds are clean, terminals are clean, and as I said, the corner park lamps (194's) are working after being replaced, but the 4137s are only working as turn signals.

Anyone encounter this? any idea where to start?

Thank you all!

John

2. Nov 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    sounds like something got shorted out, see both bulbs were blown.

i thought the center bulbs were only turn signals?

3. Nov 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    austinstaco

austinstaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Dallas TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    to many
    the center lights are only turn signals unless you rewire them for running
    this might help http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t164710.html
    I did mine a little differently i pulled the plug out and just stuck a 12ga wire in the hole and put a quick splice on the pos outside running light will try and get some pics later

4. Nov 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    willard417

willard417 Yeah

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    beaver county, PA
    Vehicle:
    06' access cab. 2.7L
    alpine head unit, removed secondary air filter, 18" XD Rockstars. 285/60/R18, 3" OME 884/AAL OME shocks all around.
    My parking lights were both burned out also. I didn't even kniw there were lights there Untill I went in for my last inspection and he told me they were out. And yeah those center ones are just hazards and turn signals.

Products Discussed in

To Top