1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger side airbag noise.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by paulcleston, May 29, 2007.

1. May 29, 2007 at 10:03 AM
    paulcleston

paulcleston [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I have a 1999 Tacoma E-Cab SR-5. The passenger side airbag rattles just from the normal vibration of the engine and the truck going down the road. I can push on the airbag and and stop the noise.
    Does anyone know if thes can be stopped by tightening the retainer screws or is this the nature of the beast? Thanks for any input. Paul

2. Oct 4, 2007 at 10:56 AM
    Mauro H Perez

Mauro H Perez New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 extra cab pre-runner sr5
    Hi, I also have noise behind the passenger side air bag on my 02 extra cab while driving. Can anybody out there tell me why and how to fix my problem? Thanks.

3. Oct 4, 2007 at 11:56 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Check out the Dash Rattle TSB from Toyota on CT. It's for 2001 to 2004 models but if you chose to do it yourself it should work on the 99 Tacoma.

4. Oct 4, 2007 at 11:59 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    same here a little weather stripping between the windsheild and the dash fixed it

5. Oct 4, 2007 at 1:21 PM
    Mauro H Perez

Mauro H Perez New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 extra cab pre-runner sr5
    Thanks Banshee, looks like you have given me the info I much needed. Much appreciated. So glad I started looking for a solution to my rattle problem and came across this website.

6. Jun 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    kalaukia37

kalaukia37 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    SR5 3.4L 5 SPEED
    ALARM, BEDLINER, OPEN AIRBOX, WHITE LETTER TIRES, RUSTPROOF,STAINLESS WHEEL GUARDS, HOOR AND WINDOW SHIELDS, ETC.
    Aloha Tacoma Guys! I am Also, just having a Rattle sound last week behind my Passanger Air Bag. What can I do to stop it? I looked under the glove box and Saw A Couple of Plastic Cables so I Stuffed A Hand Towel to see if it would help, but it did not. Can ANY ONE PLEASE HELP ME, it is Driving me Crazy. I have had this truck for 15 Years and Never had any kind of Rattle. I only have 84k on it so far, looks and runs brand New. I tried the Dash Rattle TSB from Toyota and Got Nothing. My Email: is;boykor001@Hawaii.rr.com. MAHALO From Kalaukia.

Products Discussed in

To Top