1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PCS system problem?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Wilks99, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Mar 20, 2018 at 7:48 PM
    Wilks99

Wilks99 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey guys

I picked up a 2018 Tacoma about two weeks ago. Love the truck but have a question. Tonight, while driving home the “PCS off” logo lit up on the dash. There was no error message or such that came up on the information center area in middle of dash, just the light. I should add that it was snowing/raining a bit and I had front defogger in as well.

Does the system disable and illuminate that dash light under certain conditions? Or, is there an problem with it?

Thx for the feedback.

rharris likes this.
  2. Apr 8, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    rharris

rharris Member

Member:

I also had this same issue and am looking for clarification. Did you figure anything out? Mine also does this with the snow/frost. I mentioned to my sales person and he said it as probably because of the snow and the frost. I was also unable to turn it back on/adjust the sensitivity. The only solution was to shut off the truck and then turn it back on.

3. Apr 8, 2018 at 7:41 PM
    hiPSI

hiPSI Laminar Flow

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2024 Long Tundra
    Guys, there is a big reason we don't have self driving cars yet. It's because of weather. Weather plays havoc with radar, FLIR and LIDAR and all acronyms that end in R lol.
    When there is bad weather or snow or fog or heavy rain, you gotta drive it yourself.
    The reason you have to stop it and turn it back on is so it can "zero" out it's position and has a reliable start point.
    My wife's super duper Highlander does it. My neighbor's Acura does it.
    We are at a point in technology where it is "almost" right. When they figure out how to "see" through snow and driving rain then it will be right.

4. Apr 8, 2018 at 7:44 PM
    Wilks99

Wilks99 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Yeah I agree it’s probably the weather. It isn’t occurred again since, but I also haven’t driven in snow since either. I haven’t had a car equipped with this technology before, so wasn’t sure what was going on at first.

5. Apr 8, 2018 at 9:44 PM
    rharris

rharris Member

Member:
    Wonderful. I'll continue to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the replies folks!

Products Discussed in

To Top