1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt ::: Front & Rear Bumper Options ::: 2nd Gen (05-15)

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Pelfreybilt, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 19, 2018 at 5:13 AM
    KaptainH

KaptainH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2013 DCLB Sport
    Powder coating with Pelfrey extends wait time like 2 weeks.. if you have a local place you like it may be better so you don't have to worry about shipping.. Tough call

Pelfreybilt[OP] likes this.
  2. May 19, 2018 at 5:18 AM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    Our powder coat company does front bumpers for $250. Sand blast, zinc primer and bake then powder coat and bake. We are in Greensboro, MD.

3. May 19, 2018 at 6:20 AM
    8t74runner

8t74runner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Calhoun, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD OR 4X4
    OME lift with 885s and Dakars. Leer 100xl. P265/75R16 Toyo AT2s. Ram cell and fire radio mounts.
    Looking to order a standard clearance rear for my 09 this weekend while the sale is running. Anyone else having trouble ordering on the website? When I go to select a freight carrier, whichever one I pick from the list it pulls up red flags and tells me to select another.
    Also, is the table mount option actually the table, or just hardware/attachment points?

4. May 19, 2018 at 6:57 PM
    TRDProBuddy

TRDProBuddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD (Kent Island)
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro (Inferno)
    Thanks everyone for there input. Think I will order it bare. @Mobtown Offroad i might be giving a call once I receive the Bumper

5. May 19, 2018 at 7:20 PM
    TRDProBuddy

TRDProBuddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD (Kent Island)
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro (Inferno)
    @Mobtown Offroad, I was looking at your 2005-2015 Tacoma Rear Plate Bumper and had a few questions.

1) Do you know how much yours weighs compared to a stock bumper with tow package?

2) I read that the hitch is located behind the license plate, is the trailer plug located there as well?

3) if the plug is there also, does the factory plug just bolt to it?

4) I see you can get light cutouts added. Are they by chance for the BAJA Designs S2 Flush Mount.

Thanks

6. May 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    I answered your questions in the Mobtown thread to keep this one clutter free.

Mobtown Offroad likes this.
  7. May 22, 2018 at 1:35 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt [OP] Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    Were you able to place your order? If not, screenshot this and send us an email! We are happy to get you taken care of.

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

8t74runner[QUOTED] and Drainbung like this.
  8. May 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    ItsRichieRich

ItsRichieRich Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford Raptor
    If anyone in the SoCal or surround area is looking to get rid of their standard rear bumper to get a Pelfreybilt HC, let me know!

9. May 22, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    8t74runner

8t74runner Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Calhoun, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD OR 4X4
    OME lift with 885s and Dakars. Leer 100xl. P265/75R16 Toyo AT2s. Ram cell and fire radio mounts.

I did get it ordered. Ended up selecting the pickup option. We'll have to freight it, but we can sort that out later. I spoke with Pam today on the phone and emailed her a screenshot of the message it was giving me on the freight carriers. Thanks for the help. Can't wait to get it in.

10. May 23, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    Glad we could get you taken care of. Let us know if you have any questions about your order :)

8t74runner[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. May 25, 2018 at 1:45 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
  12. May 28, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Did everyone jump on our Memorial Weekend Sale? It's not too late to save!

Code: MEM2018

SALE ENDS Today (5/28) at Midnight

www.pelfreybilt.com

13. May 29, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    tacoking480

tacoking480 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Gilbert,AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma double cab 4x4 off road
    3" toytec boss lift Icon upper control arms OME Dakar leaf springs Wheelers super bump stops 16x8 SCS F-5 wheels 3 1/2 offset 285-75-16 nitto trail grapplers Cab mount chop BPF grill 20" Baja Designs S8 Baja Designs squadron pair in fog light location. SPOD system Weather tech floor mats Pelfreybilt bolt on rock sliders with kick out. Pelfreybilt rear standard bumper Pelfreybilt front bumper Warn VR10S winch CBI bed rack SOS Front and mid skid plate Prinsu roof rack
    Ordered a 2012-2015 Tacoma Steel Front Plate Bumper. Cant wait till it ships. Are the lead times listed on the webpage accurate?

14. May 29, 2018 at 9:55 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    We try to keep them as accurate as possible. Sometimes they vary depending on the options you're looking for. We are happy to confirm if you send us an email (michael@pelfreybilt.com)

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

15. Jun 1, 2018 at 10:03 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Foxtato and ready6delta like this.
  16. Jun 1, 2018 at 2:27 PM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    :cheers:

I threw this video together real quick from a discussion in another thread about addded weight and what would be too much to risk failure of the swing out on rear bumpers. I said that I have quite a bit of added weight to my swingout and have zero issues. I added there are vertical vibes but no horizontal vibes cuz of the great design Pelfrey came up with. Because there’s no stress on the spindle when closed, it has lasted everything I’ve put it through and still opens and closes like the day I got it four years ago...

17. Jun 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
  18. Jun 13, 2018 at 8:01 PM
    KaptainH

KaptainH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2013 DCLB Sport
    May have to work with the payment plan and get the HC swingout ordered... Lets say you happen to have a promo going on, would payment plans work with those too?

19. Jun 14, 2018 at 9:31 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Most likely, but it would depend on the promotion we are running. Email us as you're getting close to ordering and we'll get you setup.

michael@pelfreybilt.com

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

20. Jul 3, 2018 at 9:20 PM
    Foxtato

Foxtato Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puyallup, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4
    I dig the mount for the 4gal rotopax on the back of the tire - what did you use to mount/secure them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top