1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/-

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Socalduckslayer, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 8, 2018 at 2:30 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    We originally had out logo on the first ever skids, had to change our logo, and didn't cut that out of the skids as it didn't look great so we decided not to. Now we have our new logo, which we like on the skids, so originally it was in fact integrated as part of the design. We will take the logo over the large door needed for fuel access. We do prefer less holes, hence why we did not add the door, but we like the logo in front, so it is there. Thank you for your feedback!

Synergy001 likes this.
  2. Mar 6, 2018 at 11:30 PM
    omegaman2

omegaman2 Unknown Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 4WD DCSB
    pelfrybuilt...good to know you you watch this thread!
    installed the bare aluminum ifs skid last weekend on my 2015 (i plan to have it clear annodized for protection against oxidation at some point).
    anyway...every time i hit a bump or a dip, it squeaks...like really squeaks...pretty annoying. anybody have any words of wisdom for a remedy? bolts not tight enough? front end not as stiff after removing the short crossmembers during install?
    thx, dave

itaro likes this.
  3. Mar 7, 2018 at 6:43 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    Sorry about the squeak! We'd recommend double checking the skid plate hardware to ensure everything is tight. The skid plate should sit flat against the frame where each bolt threads in. Sometimes one bolt gets tightened a little too tight before the others causing the plate to not seat perfectly and creak/squeak when the frame flexes.

Give us a call at 844-726-3373 if the problem persists.

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

BraskaTaco likes this.
  4. Mar 7, 2018 at 10:29 PM
    omegaman2

omegaman2 Unknown Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 4WD DCSB
    thanks for getting back...
    i'll remove the skid in a couple thousand miles when i swap the fumoto valve for the one with a nipple - reinstall & report back on the squeak.

5. Mar 14, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    glitch1213

glitch1213 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    I gotta say this is my only "issue". I love the products, customer service has always been great, but the lead time does hurt. I think the front and rear bumper took about 2-3 months after order, and I ordered sliders in early February and believe my expected shipping date is late April (would even pay extra for expedited build/shipping). Other than that, everything is great. As hard is it is to wait, definitely worth it. Plan on protecting the underbelly with Pelfrey as well.

6. Mar 14, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Thank You for the feedback. We appreciate the honesty and the support. Lead times can be difficult and we try our best to provide accurate lead times that aren't too long. Unfortunately sometimes they are a little longer than ideal and we are working on reducing them down when we can.

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

7. Mar 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    tacofort

tacofort Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO, Automatic, Cement
    Adventure Trailers Tacoma Habitat Pelfreybilt Rock Sliders Line-X Pelfreybilt Pro mid, Gas, Exhaust Reroute Skids Hondo Unholey Dash mount Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts Weathertech Floor Liners
    When is the new high clearance dual swing out rear bumper being released for Pelfreybilt? Have any prototype pictures been released? I'm hoping to install before mid July and would really like to order a Pelfreybilt product and maintain the theme on my vehicle of Pelfreybilt Armor all the way around and underneath.

8. Mar 14, 2018 at 12:03 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    This is something we are working on and are aiming to release next month. We hope to have all of the details on our site then. If you want more info email michael@pelfreybilt.com. He can provide more details (including lead times) via email and add you to the pre-order list if you'd like.

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

9. Mar 15, 2018 at 7:33 AM
    jeremy5000

jeremy5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Do you guys plan on releasing a 3rd gen hybrid bumper similar to what you currently make for the 2nd gen?

10. Mar 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    As of now it is a consideration. We don't have any plans currently but will post up if anything changes.

-Pelfreybilt
    www.pelfreybilt.com

jeremy5000[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Mar 21, 2018 at 12:21 PM
    tacofort

tacofort Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO, Automatic, Cement
    Adventure Trailers Tacoma Habitat Pelfreybilt Rock Sliders Line-X Pelfreybilt Pro mid, Gas, Exhaust Reroute Skids Hondo Unholey Dash mount Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts Weathertech Floor Liners
    I just saw that Pelfreybilt is selling Tundra Front and Rear Bumpers for later this year. Exciting stuff. They look great. Glad to see somebody providing for the Tundra market as well. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

12. Mar 21, 2018 at 12:27 PM
    oni06

oni06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Now I need a Tundra

itaro and tacofort[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Mar 21, 2018 at 12:31 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
  14. Mar 28, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    DEDAFLO670

DEDAFLO670 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manuel
    Waipio
    Vehicle:
    15 Trd sport
    whats everybody doing to combat rust from starting on their front an rear bumpers? I had my bumpers powder coated by them and I have rust starting to form or like orange substance on the welds and stuff.

jeremy5000 and BraskaTaco like this.
  15. Mar 29, 2018 at 7:22 PM
    Ryan.S

Ryan.S Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09' Access Cab, 6 spd
    Try a marine grade rust converter. I like Ospho. It converts rust into a black inert oxide, and can be painted directly over as a primer! You can brush or roll it on, or put it into a spray bottle. It can be a little expensive if you have to order it, but a little goes a long way. I work offshore, so we use it all the time. If it works on the ocean, it should be enough in the creeks and rivers. Hope this helps.

DEDAFLO670 likes this.
  16. Mar 29, 2018 at 7:55 PM
    DEDAFLO670

DEDAFLO670 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manuel
    Waipio
    Vehicle:
    15 Trd sport
    Where would I be able to find this product?

17. Mar 29, 2018 at 7:58 PM
    BraskaTaco

BraskaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR
    I also need to do something for rust. With not running mudflaps I have some pretty nasty gashes in my high clearance's sides from all the gravel I drive on.

18. Mar 29, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    Ryan.S

Ryan.S Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09' Access Cab, 6 spd
    If you live near the coast, any boatyard (commercial is best, West Marine might not have it) should carry it. Inland yards or shops probably carry it or similar as well. If not, try Amazon. There are several rust converters on the market, Ospho just happens to be the most used and gets the name recognition. Like "channel locks" for slip joint pliers...

19. Apr 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    Synergy001

Synergy001 IG: @pnwx.taco

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    00 ACLB -Daily, 16 DCSB -Adventure Rig
    Can we get Satin back to respond to emails? Her response times were always faster. No offense Michael :rofl:

Pelfreybilt and tacofort like this.
  20. Apr 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM
    n6vmo

n6vmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB OR AT Super "Priviledged"
    Bilstein 6112, ICON UCAs, 5160, AAL, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks
    I did have a difficult time installing the gas tank skid. The low fuel light was lit, so there was not a lot of fuel left in the tank.
    The stud on the driver's rear of the tank would not penetrate far enough through the skid to allow the nut to start, even using a floor jack as suggested. I had to loosen the tank strap bolt, on the drivers side frame, about a 1/4" and that allowed me to start the last nut. Re-tightened the strap bolt. Way more protection than the stock plastic gas tank skid.

The IFS skid mounted with no issues and no squeak so far. Installing the mid skid this weekend.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top