1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt- Suggestions, Likes, Dislikes, Feedback +/-

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Socalduckslayer, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 19, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    sfcacique

sfcacique Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    4WD TRD Access Cab
    Thule Racks with Hullavator, Pioneer Stereo/Nav
    I'm.impressed with the overwhelming satisfaction and quality ratings by your customers.

2nd Gen front plate bumper with three hoops. Love the bottom and middle horizontally, as well as the center hoop vertically. I haven't physically seen these bumpers except in pictures. Those pictures seem to depict a slight upsweep to the outside hoops, kind of like an eyebrow lifting on the outside. Somehow, IMHO that detracts from the overall look of the front bumper. That might be perspective from just pics.

Second, I'd like to see an option for a receiver hitch with the front bumper. Good for launching boats, carrying coolers, generators and fishing pole holders/launch tubes.

In that vein, front and rear receiver hitch-mounted trays, a lot of those trays I see on the road wiggle and waggle down the road. Two stabilizing arms, which come off of the trays and connect to the bumper would be s good idea. The BMW X5 has that type of system. Maybe with DZus connectors or similar.

2. Apr 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM
    squint0241

squint0241 OVRLND

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Tropics
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB/Off-Road 4X4
    Bone Stock
    IMHO...I respectfully disagree...:p
    20151031_171330-1_tonemapped.jpg

Nickel likes this.
  3. Apr 20, 2016 at 6:31 AM
    sfcacique

sfcacique Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    4WD TRD Access Cab
    Thule Racks with Hullavator, Pioneer Stereo/Nav
    You have a beautiful truck, and the "cocked eyebrow" tends to match with the later 2nd gen post-facelift Taco headlights better than the earlier 2nd gens like my 2006' IMO

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Pelfreybilt and squint0241 like this.
  4. Apr 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM
    Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black DCSB Limited PreRunner
    I can see that.

sfcacique[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. May 25, 2016 at 7:02 PM
    NoBigDeal

NoBigDeal Member

Member:
    San Clemente
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma 4 Dr 4x4 Stick Icon Stage 4 Billet
    Icon Stage 4 Billet, Raceline 981 Raptor 16"x8", Toyo Open Country A/T II, aFe Stage 2 Pro Dry intake, Raptor Ghost mesh grill
    Customer service is outstanding. I came in once close to closing to pick up my front skid plate and they took the time to give me a full tour of the shop. They answered all my questions and were in no rush to close up. This is why I will continue to purchase products from Pelfreybilt. Just ordered an Aluminum 12-15 Plate bumper. Super pumped.

Now for a suggestion. I want to advertise for you. I love bragging about my truck and although the stickers are cool, sometimes the white sticker doesn't work with a certain paint scheme. Why not have your logo CNC'd into your products? I think it would look great centered on your bumpers.

Bowfisher1, Pelfreybilt and Chipskip like this.
  6. Jun 11, 2016 at 8:16 AM
    ChandlerDOOM

ChandlerDOOM International tent trafficker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    STL
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    37s yo
    The lightbar fill plate used to have the pelfreybilt cutout in it, I think they went away with it because most run a lightbar so it doesn't get used anyways. Honestly I like that they don't do logo cutouts everywhere and where they have done them is tasteful and not overdone or extremely noticeable. Also jerry can holders have the cutout

[​IMG]DSC05461 by Chandler Coe, on Flickr

@Pelfreybilt I have a suggestion to something I would like to see changed. On the Jerry can lid, its completely square and allows something to get caught under the lid.

[​IMG]DSC06328 by Chandler Coe, on Flickr

The top outside corners are what I'm referring to, the jerry cans do not fill the entire space in the corners so you have a area that leaves a big opening for a branch or tree nub in my case to get caught. My suggestion is have the lid how it is but on the top corners come into the center and back out again just enough to remove the cavity where something can get stuck. Its kind of hard to explain and probably best to just draw something up if you are more curious to what I'm talking about

[​IMG]DSC06384 by Chandler Coe, on Flickr

Thats the aftermath, ripped all the rivets out. Easy fix thankfully but if it were to happen away from home I would be left without a secure jerry can holder until I get ahold of a drill and rivet gun to fix it.

Pelfreybilt likes this.
  7. Jun 15, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    little squirt

little squirt 808 ALLDAY!!

Member:
    808 ALLDAY!!
    Any chance for an upcoming Hawaii "free shipping" event?

8. Jun 15, 2016 at 10:48 AM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
    May I suggest that you guys sort out your shipping dept. and scheduled dates.

A part that I ordered that was to go out the next day took two weeks to ship.

Another part that was to be shipped on the 27/06/16 arrived at its destination today 15/06/16. This is two weeks early and now I have to go on a special trip to NY from Ontario to pick it up.

I guess I'll be busy before the summer break.

Pelfreybilt likes this.
  9. Jun 15, 2016 at 8:49 PM
    little squirt

little squirt 808 ALLDAY!!

Member:
    808 ALLDAY!!
    maybe there is hang ups with clearing customs and paperwork filing for shipping into Canada........Satin and family has been great to work with in the past, hence trying to place a "thank you Uncle Sam for that paycheck to put to use"

10. Jul 18, 2016 at 6:06 AM
    Jystr

Jystr IG: TW_Jystr

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Leesville, LA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Barcelona Red Tacoma TRDOR
    See build thread
    Absolutely loved working with Tyler and Satin to get this build done.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

11. Aug 3, 2016 at 9:46 PM
    rickashay

rickashay Well-Known Member

Member:
    1st Gen tundra products please!!!

12. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    The 05-11 front hoops are horizontal and flat and don't have the cock eyed look you are referring to in that picture. We agree that the lines needed to change between bumpers for a more aesthetic look.

13. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    We do cut the logo into the corner of the newer rear bumpers. We are always working on ways to improve the advertisement of the product without sacrificing quality.

14. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    The Jerry can mounts arent nearly as popular as the rotopax it may seem recently but we will look into that. I can definitely understand what space you are talking about though.

15. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Unfortunately sometimes our shipping does get a little hectic and overwhelming but we always do the best we can to get our products out to you, our customers and family. We do hope that everything worked out ok.

16. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    LOVING THE LOOK OF THAT REAR BUMPER!

Jystr[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I just recently purchased a front plate bumper for my 2014 TRDOR, and I couldn't be happier with the customer service, quality and shipping time!

BenTheMan and Pelfreybilt like this.
  18. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM
    kbraunphoto

kbraunphoto mountain bike haulin' & off camping

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '15 Inferno Orange TRD Pro
    Just a few expensive & DIY things...
    Unsure if it's been addressed:
    Any chance on the bottom skids to have a section to cover the lower hanging portion of the exhaust? {mine is a 2015, unsure of the 3rd Gen]
    Or does a continuation of your Skid Products cover this section of exhaust?

[​IMG]

P.S Would love to see any plans or ideas of a modular rear swing away.

19. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:44 PM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer [OP] Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends

That area is covered by the transfer case skid. If comes in a standard exhaust version that covers the exhaust crossover and a "flat belly" version that requires rerouting the exhaust but you get a smooth belly skid rather than the drop down area around the exhaust.

20. Aug 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    That's a great question and the answer is yes! We do offer a skid plate that covers the stock exhaust routing. Some people get the exhaust re-routed so that they dont have it hanging down and we offer a skid plate for that option as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top